+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Won't make a huge difference to me personally but to my workplace jt will. We regularly send letters to clients and given that they are often disadvantaged, I won't agree to pass on the cost to clients. I guess it's an opportunity to look again at how we can do business differently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will definitely affect us at work, and also hubby's business. My boss has decided we'll primarily email info & documentation and the people that insist on mailed documents will be charged for post.

I think with our business we'll absorb the cost at the moment and see how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    a 30c increase is outrageous. I don't mail much do it won't affect me drastically but it seems extreme.

I think Oz Post have been losing money for a while. I wonder if this will be the answer to their problems though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Postage stamp cost increasing to $1 - will this effect you?

Obviously doesn't currently affect me as I'm in the UK, but that's insane! Australia post is already stupidly expensive, sending packages overseas is ridiculous, so much cheaper sending from the UK and US. They're also just an awful service, the amount of times they lost our mail, posted it in mailboxes in other apartment complexes, damaged, etc. Unless they're doing huge improvements on their inefficient service I'd be pretty annoyed!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (24-12-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (23-12-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I think Oz Post have been losing money for a while. I wonder if this will be the answer to their problems though?
    I don't think so. If anything I think it will make people look more at alternative methods - ie. like sending documents/bills/statements by email by default.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think postage needs to be privatized to introduce some competition to improve service. It's usually cheaper to send packages using a private service so I think sending letters this way would be much better.
    I don't send much mail so it won't really affect me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I think postage needs to be privatized to introduce some competition to improve service. It's usually cheaper to send packages using a private service so I think sending letters this way would be much better.
    I don't send much mail so it won't really affect me.
    This is happening in the UK, our regular mail gets delivered by two different companies (Royal Mail and TNT) and then packages come from a pretty big variety of companies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    I don't think so. If anything I think it will make people look more at alternative methods - ie. like sending documents/bills/statements by email by default.
    agreed. I think there have been inefficiencies and problems for a while which probably will not be resolved by simply adding to the cost of a postage stamp.

privatization is definitely not a bad idea but I wonder what the cost of stamps will be then! you'd need a few providers to keep the prices competitive.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (23-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Obviously doesn't currently affect me as I'm in the UK, but that's insane! Australia post is already stupidly expensive, sending packages overseas is ridiculous, so much cheaper sending from the UK and US. They're also just an awful service, the amount of times they lost our mail, posted it in mailboxes in other apartment complexes, damaged, etc. Unless they're doing huge improvements on their inefficient service I'd be pretty annoyed!
    I'm surprised by this view. Australia post is actually considered one of the leading edge postal services in the world. If it's not first its second in terms of using cutting edge technology.

As for British post I thought they seemed to always be on strike. I've lost track of the number of times things sent to me from the uk have gone missing or are delayed due to strikes. The weather seems to also have an impact on mail in Europe.

I tried sending a parcel from New York once and it was stupidly expensive. I can't comment beyond that.

The reality is most people don't post small items anymore and like many services like eBay for eg, they are discouraging the use of them by small users by charging more.

I don't think the increase will cover costs. I think it's being increased for symbolic reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know much about this at all, but I have a question for those of you who do... Given many people now shop online, and therefore have items posted to them, doesn't this generate significant income for Australia Post? I understand the humble letter has mostly been replaced by email, but surely parcel post has increased significantly?

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (23-12-2015),RmumR  (23-12-2015)