3 years ago i enrolled my child into a childcare with a conscientious objection form. The child care was very welcoming, mentioning they had other children on conscientious objection terms too and it was no big deal.
I continued so vax my child selectively and always gave them updated vax record (I'm not anti vax)
Towards the end of the September child care emailed all parents about the new laws and loss of CCB and CCR etc for children who were not up to date I took this on board and decided to complete the schedule.
In December Dr and health service created a catch up schedule for my child but I just learn that the Dr did not lodge it correctly so it has not shown up in medicare yet (grrrr!)
In mid December one of the managers of child preschool spoke to me in the corridor and said child can not return in 2016 if into had his MMR (her exact words, she was only worried about MMR). I told her we are already on catch up schedule and MMR will be given by then. Today 22/12 second manager called me saying they need child's immunization schedule complete or child can not return in 2016.
Here is the thing, there is an updated schedule and i have this in writing from my general practitioner. I have informed child care that it's all in the hands on medicare now to read the faxed forms and update child record so it states 'on catch up schedule' it's not hard for them to do but it is the Christmas break and I can't hurry them.
child care response was pretty much 'too bad so sad, your dr note means nothing'
They have never told me in writing that child will be excluded or that that as of 1/1/2015 their center will not accept unvax children at all. I know child care has the right to make their own policies but to call to 1 day before Christmas and make this threat, saying Dr certificate is not enough seems absurd to me.
where do I stand?, there is nothing in writing anywhere that they do not accept un-vaccinated children. My child has done nothing wrong and technically until the 1/1/2016 I as a mother have not done anything that the government/laws did not approve off. Giving medicare 1 weeks (during the Christmas break) to update his schedule is ridiculous. And knowing very well that child is on catch up schedule with evidence from Dr including copies of all claims and faxes seems like they are not acting in child's best interest at all. Any advice on what I can do? I don't want child excluded whilst we wait for medicare to do their thing and what is really important (the catch up schedule) is already in place and has already been started. giving 1 week notice is unreasonable even the woman at medicare was shaking her head.