+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Needing a change.

I'm not sure this is the best place for this thread as I don't feel depressed - not unhappy but not happy.. There are just so many things I want to change about myself I'm wondering if there are underlying issues that need attention because I just can't seem to take the steps necessary.

I have very low self esteem despite having a partner who worships the ground I walk on, who has made sure I never need to work & im so grateful for that, but I feel very unworthy of his love. I feel like I have a bit of a defeatist attitude & I feel negative a lot of the time, despite having no reason to? I feel jealous of other people a lot, I feel like I 'should have' done more with my life & would like to study but don't feel like I could do it so I put it off (and have done so for years). I spend too much time on my phone, literally all day, and want to stop but it feels too hard. I have a shocking diet but again find it too hard to change it. I just have very low motivation with a lot of things and I'm wondering if it comes back to self esteem/lack of confidence in my ability to do things.

My DF is the type of person that if he wants to change something he does, and I admire that but I just can't seem to apply to necessary principles to myself.

Not even sure any of this makes sense but I'm just not sure where to go from here as I feel increasingly anxious about changing these bad habits, but somehow I just can't do it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone else felt this way? Lots of negative self talk? I'm just not sure where to start TBH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Couldn't read and run love. Yes, I think many people (if not most) have had periods in their life where they've felt a bit lost. I know I myself sat back at one point in my 30's and thought "Hate my job, with the wrong man, feel fat, bored with life, don't like my house!" No, it was not a happy time for me.

I think the best way to get through it is to write a list of things you want to change or are not entirely happy with, pick one and start on that as your goal. It's the old saying "How do you eat an elephant? Piece by piece by piece." To try and change everything all at once is overwhelming. Pick one goal and pursue that. Then pick another one.

They say a journey of a million miles starts with a single step. That's what life is like. At the end of the day you have nothing to fear but failure, and failure does not equal the end. It just means you try again!

Change is scary. Not changing is even scarier! Be brave, bite the bullet and give it a go love. If you stuff up, try again. You're human. It's no biggie! You can do this

Blossom

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Needing a change.

Wow thank you. A list is a great idea, I will start with that. Perhaps an emotional health journal!

Thank you xxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lulupetal For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (22-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You're most welcome And I think a journal is a fab idea! You can write down your goals, keep track of them, and also share your worries.

I think a lot of people are afraid of change. It is a natural instinct to be wary of change because it puts you into temporarily into a place of discomfort. That's ok though! If you take little baby steps you'll get there in the end

I'd be really excited to hear how you go with this. And what perfect timing. A brand new year and a brand new you.

Blossom