+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Hawaii with kids

Since our big trip got cancelled last year we were thinking of maybe taking the kids to Hawaii with the kids for a week for my birthday. We looked at flights last night and the best prices are Jetstar or Hawaiian Airlines does anyone have info on if they are any good? We looked into where to stay and the Hilton Waikiki Village seems perfect has anyone stayed there and liked or disliked it and why? Or have a better hotel suggestion please

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've stayed there. You mean the Hilton Hawaiian village right? We stayed there 3 years ago. Just DH and I but it would he a great place with kids. Big kids club. heaps of restaurants. An abc store. Beach front. You wouldn't need to leave if you didn't want to. That said it is only a short walk down to downtown Waikiki. It's a great hotel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Elijahsmum has good info good luck loodle you deserve it

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to Hawaii last year with our 15 month old and had a ball.
    Flew with Hawaiian airlines and I would recommend them over Jetstar if the prices are comparable.
    Have had friends that stayed at Hilton hawaiian and it's a good place to stay with young kids.
    Next door there are the ilikai condos. You can rent these out privately through VBRO or airbnb etc and save a lot of money compared to staying at a resort. You can still use the lagoon and go to the restaurants at Hilton hawaiian even if you're not staying there.
    We went to Maui for 5 nights and while we had a nice time there the travel wasn't worth it for me. We ended up losing almost an entire day travelling each way even though the flight is only 40 mins.
    Up north on Oahu is amazing and I would recommend going up there if you want to get out of the hustle and bustle. Also on the west side of Oahu is the ko olina resort area. It is a golf resort but there are nice lagoons etc which we visited for the day and thought would be a good place to stay if we went back some time. It is a bit isolated though and probably not much to do other than relax and play golf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has anyone done the aulani resort?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did Jetstar with 2 kids, the oldest being 3.5 at the time. You have to pay for food onboard and it wasn't super tasty... However it was a night flight to Honululu so they all slept the entire way anyway.

They have 787s flying the route now so I'm sure the planes are super comfy (I'm a plane nerd lol).

Have heard good things about Hawaiian too so I'm sure either would be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been to Hawaii a few times as my DH is from the US- I would stay clear of Jet star. They charged extra on everything from check in bags to food, entertainment, blankets and staff were not that friendly. we had a flight cancelled on the way back and didn't know till we got to the Airport even though they claimed they called us....which they didn't, much more cramped than Hawaii and they had a faulty flickering light which we were told we just had to put up with for the whole flight as there were no spare seats!!! It was a disaster and I will never fly with them again even if it was an internal short cheap flight!!! Hawaiian air is a thousand percent better. Better facilities, blankets and pillows at no additional cost, food, entertainment again at no additional cost and super friendly staff! The hotel is also great especially for kids and a good location too. Enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    Has anyone done the aulani resort?
    Aulani is another place where we are thinking of staying.