+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DF and I have been together for 8 years.
    We haven't gone through too much but it was enough to shake us, make us realise how good we are and that we can do anything together.

* the death of our best friends in a car accident (another drivers fault)

* the loss of two pregnancies, 12w and 17w

* DF has anxiety

* moving away from family and friends for 2 years

I know we are in this for the long haul, he is my best friend, my everything. He makes me a better person.

And we got engaged last month!!!!!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Summer  (22-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Getting together at a young age meant plenty of mistakes made on both sides. DP cheated. I wasn't innocent either. We almost broke up, but got through it. I don't know how but we did. Now we are in a better place than we ever were. During those times my in laws were living with us. There is so much more but i'm not comfortable sharing.

We learnt so much during that time and managed to grow together. Neither of us would ever take the other for granted like that again and now that we are older, wiser and happier, we are ready to start our little family soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a great thread!! I wish I could participate but my exH having an affair resulted in our marriage ending... I think it's very healthy for relationships to have ups and downs... I hope your relationship survives whatever your enduring OP. Best of luck!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

jb23  (30-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've been together for 15years, of which we have been married 13, sometimes I feel like it was yesterday we met, other times it feels like a life time ago.
    I'd say DH and I have done some growing up together as we got married at 20. So we really know each other very well, the dynamics have changed over the years as we were so young.

We've survived 5 moves, 2 of those international, having our first child overseas, not having my mum for support was very difficult.
    Building a home- twice, unemployment periods, my anxiety, families, me, him, the kids, we have some battle scars but we always pull through somehow. I don't really like it all the time, because I'm self sufficient and stubborn, but I find such comfort in him, he really is my rock.

I'm one of those people who believes love is not enough, without mutual respect, and honesty, I don't think we'd be here today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Life is Good; 14-01-2016 at 12:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We've been together just 2.5 years, but currently we are going through my DD's cancer treatment. Plus we had just sold the house before she got sick so we've endured buying a house, packing and moving us and 5 kids while juggling DD's chemotherapy treatments.

The good news is that it has actually made us stronger for it and DP has been an incredible support to me. There has been some tense times and lots of stress, but our underlying love and respect for each other has gotten us through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Compared to many we haven't been through much really. Main issue has been lack of family support - all our family live overseas or rather we live in Australia which is overseas to them! I suppose me having cancer was a big stressor and our unplanned pregnancy that he wanted terminated. She's 18 months now. Third child. Hard work but so so adorable.
    We've had ups and downs before. Not sure we are that suited to each other really but we used to get on so well. Now we don't talk at all and I've lost the will to fight for us just so that our kids grow up living with both parents. When we talk it's always initiated by me he just seems happy to keep acting like all is fine. He uses any time we do talk to bring up unrelated things that have annoyed him and he can be quite aggressive but would never see himself that way. I don't know if he does that to get out of uncomfortable conversations or to hurt me. I've suggested counselling a few times but he won't go. I feel out of options now...
    OP my only advice is to keep communication going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got preg really early into our relationship mmm maybe 6 months in. We had Dd then she had a hole in her heart luckily it has resolved. Then I got pregnant again instantly! It's been pretty tough. During this time he lost his job and hasn't really found a full time one. DS almost died from a virus. Moved interstate not enough hospital support for us so he did have to quit a job to be support for me mentally which I kick myself about daily.

We are financially drowning.

Not having sex.

I'm bored.

But I feel all of this is resolvable because I goto a shrink. I have my own issues that stem from my mother/way I was raised so it affects our relationship too. She calls him fat and lazy etc it hurts me.

Good luck GM. If u feel u need to talk go see a counsellor by yourself first if u don't want relationship counselling just yet and talk about your relaidonshio xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In a nutshell: homelessness more than once, only living together three days a week (due to work), no income, loss of our national company (the homelessness was caused by the receivership of the business), living with parents. We did almost divorce whilst living with my parents due to financial strain.
    We are still under financial strain, but we'll get there one day.
    We've been together for 13 years, married for 10. Two DD's. We are high school sweethearts. He proposed two days after he turned 18! We've grown up together and I'd be lost without him.
    Last edited by Emmi; 30-12-2015 at 14:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sub

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast