Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    she doesn't get us cookies/chocs. she buys actually stuff/junk. it's so wasteful and she can't afford it.
    Is there any way you can tell her?
    Sometimes people buy gifts in good faith and not realise they're buying stuff the recipient doesn't like/want/need.
    Maybe gently suggest you do away with gifts and instead do something more meaningful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My family do kk for the adults with a $100 limit and the year my sister got me she gave me a costume jewellery necklace that she wanted for herself that was $15 that took her less then a week to borrow and never return and the year my brother had me I was given a elephant with a broken trunk and a photo frame with a broken leg and cracked glass. I wasn't grateful at all and was probably seen as ungrateful by them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've gotten a quite a few bad kk gifts over the years. But the worst would have to be a name mug with spoon, nice enough except it wasn't even my name or a female name for that matter!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I love crap Kk gifts.

The best Kk gift ever was one that was gifted at my work Xmas party where the limit was $30 and we had Kk games (where people tried to swap gifts etc) that used to go for 1-2 hours. This gift was so crap that it was regurgitated from year to year (at least 3 years when I worked in the office). It was an ongoing joke which gave a lot of people a lot of laughs.
    We do this at my family christmas catch ups. It started at a $10 limit with silly gifts. Over the years we are all giving nicer gifts as well as silly ones. So for us, we'll do one really nice pressie and one a little silly.
    My uncle once did a box of washing powder .... but there was a $15 scratchie in it. Last year there was a $2 pair of socks but with a $10 gift card - that was a gag gift.
    There is always one or two gifts everyone wants so the game keeps going and going. We had to put rules in to limit the number of swaps!!