+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Spin Off - Ungrateful KK recipients

@Summer 's thread about ungrateful people got me thinking that perhaps I would be perceived as ungrateful given I am peeved at the KK present I received last night.

Edited for privacy...(lets just say I got a bunch of random, totally unrelated stuff from kitchen stuff to cosmetics that I feel my KK had laying around at home and bundled together).

I went to the effort of buying something my KK loved (in fact everyone loved it and wanted to swap to the stealing KK game so they could steal it) but I feel like my present was actually regifted stuff.

So yes, I am probably ungrateful and I dont mean to be and if I got something I didn't particularly like but felt some thought had gone in to it, it wouldn't be so bad, but no, I feel no thought whatsoever went into the gift I got.

So please share your stories of how you are ungrateful like me to make me feel better.
    Last edited by GirlsRock; 19-12-2015 at 20:42.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Summer  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few years ago we had a secret santa type setup for the family. The rules were that everyone brought a gift worth $20 and they were separated on arrival into male /female boxes where everyone picked one lucky dip style.

I got a $2 shower cap :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, i got an awesome one once - actually from my boss... wasn't even KK, just Xmas gifts. . it was a pizza cutter. go figure. threw it in the trash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @GirlsRock I'd be feeling pretty ungrateful about that too! I've been involved in a few KKs and it's awful when you've put in a bit of effort to get something that people might like and you get the crappy re-gift that someone grabbed out of the bottom drawer of their cupboard at the last minute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Please don't quote as I'll probably delete too.

I got a smashed photo frame once. It came by post but it wasn't even wrapped in bubble wrap or anything to protect it.

I also got some candles which were also smashed and the price was still on them.

I know it's the thought that counts but I was a bit upset.

My SS from here this year however was amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    In my work KK I got a cheap waterfall calendar two weeks after Christmas. You couldn't get more blah and impersonal. At least make it edible if you don't know what to get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We did a secret Santa where I worked about 5 years ago.. I got a set of cutlery.
    Not nice cutlery, cheap cutlery with purple plastic handles. Though it wasn't that I didn't like the cutlery, it was just a touch upsetting that I'd worked with these people for over a year and got something so impersonal.

There's still a fork in the drawer, DH takes it to work to eat his lunch with so he doesn't take my nice cutlery. It's the last piece left.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1450500782.353003.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Spin Off - Ungrateful KK recipients

One of my first work places. $20 limit, weeks of notice to get organised. Everyone got awesome presents, I got 5 x $1 scratchies. I was very upset. No thought or care went in to it at all. One of the other ladies felt so bad for me, she told my giver off and got everyone to put in $5 (there was only 6 of us in the office) and went and bought me some flowers, champagne and chocolate.

I was in a joke one once at another job. One of the ladies gave one of the blokes a red g-string (they were good mates). He thought it was me for some reason and I couldn't figure out why he acted weird around me for MONTHS afterwards. He thought I was coming on to him. Uh, no. Not me and he wasn't my type!

I've also been given a massage voucher in the family one for a place in Perth. We don't live in Perth and we rarely make the trek to Perth! And we always have that much to do when we do, I don't have time for a massage there. I ended up giving it to a friend who does live there and would use it. I'd have loved a massage and we have awesome spas here. Why not organise it locally for me????

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was part of a joke one at work once and I got a box of mates (chocolate covered caramels) because I called everyone "mate" all the time and a box of "fab" washing powder because they thought I was fab. I thought it was great! Those mates were tasty!

But I've been part of others that were terrible! Whoever said above - if you don't know what to get go with food - was pretty spot on!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (19-12-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-12-2015),Wise Enough  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boss gave me a toilet brush for Christmas.

I wish I could say I was joking but I'm not

I think I win.

Blossom

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (21-12-2015),Wise Enough  (19-12-2015)