+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unknown illness! Anyone had the same symptoms?

Google POTS
    Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.
    Your blood pressure could be fine-your pulse pressure might be out of whack.
    I have pots and it's much worse when pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I've had glandular fever recently, although I was exhausted and achy I wouldn't say I was puffed out or had anything funny with my heart. My thought is that your body is just exhausted and rundown from being pregnant and unwell. I am 17 weeks and get puffed very easily and achy legs.
    I was so so sick with GF years ago. Recurring tonsillitis - exhaustion. I remember not being able to do much at times as my body did not move.
    I also remember running out to take the washing down as it was about to rain and that was enough for my temp to go back up for a week (this was months after initially having symptoms). But my experience is not common.

I do think its most likely your body trying to recover from MS and then from being sick. Keep up multis, lots of veg/fruit/protein and fluids as well.

Rest as much as you can but any exercise just keep it light and you can build up again over time.

The heat makes it worse too. I'm feeling it now and I'm only 23 weeks.!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I was so so sick with GF years ago. Recurring tonsillitis - exhaustion. I remember not being able to do much at times as my body did not move.
    I also remember running out to take the washing down as it was about to rain and that was enough for my temp to go back up for a week (this was months after initially having symptoms). But my experience is not common.

I do think its most likely your body trying to recover from MS and then from being sick. Keep up multis, lots of veg/fruit/protein and fluids as well.

Rest as much as you can but any exercise just keep it light and you can build up again over time.

The heat makes it worse too. I'm feeling it now and I'm only 23 weeks.!
    I wasn't trying to claim GF 'isn't that bad,' I was incredibly unwell and also had recurring secondary infections. But...I don't remember my heart ever feeling funny and just feel that since OP is pregnant, has had severe morning sickness and two viruses back to back that chances are this all has more to do with her body just being incredibly run down. I'm 17 weeks with severe morning sickness and pregnancy insomnia, I feel like absolute ****, I couldn't imagine how I would feel if I had a couple of viruses on top of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I wasn't trying to claim GF 'isn't that bad,' I was incredibly unwell and also had recurring secondary infections. But...I don't remember my heart ever feeling funny and just feel that since OP is pregnant, has had severe morning sickness and two viruses back to back that chances are this all has more to do with her body just being incredibly run down. I'm 17 weeks with severe morning sickness and pregnancy insomnia, I feel like absolute ****, I couldn't imagine how I would feel if I had a couple of viruses on top of that.
    Also sorry I didn't mean that! Sorry! Was just reminising about it!

I do agree it is probably morning pregnancy/run downess. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAELEEJANE View Post
    Google POTS
    Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.
    Your blood pressure could be fine-your pulse pressure might be out of whack.
    I have pots and it's much worse when pregnant.
    Wow, I googled it and it sounds exactly like my symptoms. I even get purplely/red legs when I stand for too long like they're not getting enough blood circulating. I think I may have had it before being pregnant because I've always had trouble standing for too long especially if it's in one spot, just not like this. I'll mention it to my doctor. How do you treat/manage it? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bublt22 View Post
    Wow, I googled it and it sounds exactly like my symptoms. I even get purplely/red legs when I stand for too long like they're not getting enough blood circulating. I think I may have had it before being pregnant because I've always had trouble standing for too long especially if it's in one spot, just not like this. I'll mention it to my doctor. How do you treat/manage it? Thanks!
    * Compression stockings help a lot.
    * Usually isotonic drinks are used to bump up blood volume but during pregnancy blood volume does increase. Anyway drink a litre (or as much as you can)of hydrolyte or aquaforce in one go.
    * IV fluids do the same thing
    * Increase salt intake.
    * low dose beta blocker twice a day-this part changed my life

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SHAELEEJANE For This Useful Post:

Bublt22  (28-12-2015)