+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unknown illness! Anyone had the same symptoms?

Hi, I'm 26yo and 21 weeks pregnant and had bad morning sickness up until 17 weeks, then I got gastro and the next week I got the flu. I expected to be better this week and actually start living again but I have found that I can't walk for more than 2 minutes without feeling like I'm going to pass out or collapse. I get puffed out, aches in my legs, my heart starts to race and I get light headed. I sit down and it takes about 10 minutes for me to recover and get my heart rate back to normal. I constantly feel exhausted and tired and sleep really well. I have been to the doctors and my blood pressure is fine and iron levels good, so I'm not enaemic. Next week I will have a heart monitor applied for a week because the doc wants to rule out a heart condition (I've always been perfectly healthy and never had heart problems). He said if that's not it then it is probably anxiety. I think that's a load of BS though as I have no reason to have an anxiety attack every time I stand and don't have any stress at the moment or feel anxious. I think it's just the doctor copping out because he doesn't know. Has anyone else had any symptoms like this during pregnancy and had it diagnosed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey, great thing they're ruling out q heart condition, if that's not it... My best guess is that you're run down, with all the illnesses you've had plus being pregnant and getting bigger I feel it could be your body just telling you that it needs more time to recover. Maybe try looking into supplements or some superfoods you could have, juicing is a good way of getting some extra nutrients.
    Take it easy! You are growing a human

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've not had these issues myself, but the first two things that sprung to my mind were blood pressure (which you've already checked) and gestational diabetes. As you are pregnant I'd recommend getting checked for that just in case.

Hope you feel better soon

Blossom

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glandular fever? Also sometimes you need more time to recover depending on the virus. Have you had full bloods or juat to check iron? It is not normal to feel like that just from pregnancy. BUT if you were really sick with MS and then hit by a virus you just may need time to recover.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've had glandular fever recently, although I was exhausted and achy I wouldn't say I was puffed out or had anything funny with my heart. My thought is that your body is just exhausted and rundown from being pregnant and unwell. I am 17 weeks and get puffed very easily and achy legs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh! GF sucks! 😬
    I really hope they find what's wrong OP! In the mean time, keep your chin up and remember you can only do what you can do!
    Hope you can enjoy your pregnancy and Christmas soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I had 17 weeks of vomiting, followed by gastro then the flu - I would probably pass out trying to walk more than 2 mins too. Even if I weren't pregnant! Sounds like your body is really run down (understandably) and is begging for rest and recovery. It's got so much going on already creating a little human that there is no energy left for mum. Rule out any other conditions but make sure you get plenty of rest, fluids and as much healthy nutritious food as you can manage and hopefully you will start to feel better soon. So sorry you've had such a rough start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, maybe it is just that I need to recover. I lost about 10kg in the 1st trimester and am still struggling to put it back on, I was already fairly skinny so maybe I just don't have enough umph in me to make a baby! As I haven't been at work I've been focusing on my diet and trying to eat as much as possible and as healthy as possible. I'm having the heart monitor applied this morning for a week so I'll see how that goes. The doctor did also say that it could just be that pregnancy doesn't agree with me. No one tells you how hard it is to be pregnant! Now I completely understand why everyone always fusses over the pregnant lady!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have full bloods done but they checked a couple of other things like vit b12 and D. I was a little low in D but he said that shouldn't make me like this. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be demanding full bloods personally. And I'm shocked your dr hasn't ordered them considering you're pregnant.
    I was also thinking along the lines of glandular fever or similar. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Bublt22  (21-12-2015)