Hurting my head trying to decide what to do. Meant to be heading to Melbourne (4 hour drive) for an early xmas with my side of the family tomorrow. We do an early xmas dinner, pressies for kids and Secret Santa for adults.
Last Sunday DD2 started off a run of gastro in the house. All feeling better apart from DH who is the last to come down with it this morning but he isn't coming to Melbourne with us anyway (has PTSD and can't handle the whole big noisy get together). Coincidentally my sister's family has had gastro go through the house this week also but all feeling better now.
Everyone hates gastro but I have an extra anxiety over it and would just hate to go to Melbourne and take our germs with us or pick up the bug my sister's family have had and everyone ends up sick and miserable at Xmas. It's also going to be a stinking hot weekend in Melbourne and maybe not the best for travelling. And I feel like staying home and disinfecting the house from top to bottom!
My family is leaving the decision completely up to me. My thoughts are delay our Xmas get together until everyone is well and truly better. However if we don't go tomorrow my next chance to make it down to Melbourne won't be until 8th Jan. And DS will miss out on getting taken to gold class Star Wars with his uncle but he doesn't know about those plans anyway and I can take him to a regular session during the week.
Am I being reasonable to postpone? Or overreacting - should be fine if we are all over the symptoms? I know my dad will think if we are all feeling fine no reason not to come but I can just picture all those germs still lurking around!
Need to let them know soon so everyone knows what they are doing for the weekend.