+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default First job interview in 6years!

I'm extremely nervous about having my first job interview in 6years! I've been a SAHM for the last 4.5 years.

I'm doing lots of research and prep work this weekend but I'm not sure about two things and whether I should bring them up in the interview or not.

I'd like to negotiate a working day of 8:30-5, starting at 8:30 so I can drop DD at school because I'm already going to be paying childcare x 2 boys plus after school hours care for DD. And finishing at 5 because any later and I'd be really pushing it to do 2 x pickups before the centres close.

And my boys kindy shuts for 2 weeks over Christmas. I guess this will probably come up anyway as I'll be telling them I'm available to start 4th January due to childcare arrangements.

It's an admin/finance type role at a manufacturing company. Should I wear skirt and jacket with a nice top or would a simple business shirt and skirt be ok?

Any hints/tips would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Good luck for the interview, I am sure you will do great. In my opinion i think telling the truth about your family situation is the best thing to do as the last thing you want is to be hired by an un-family friendly company, if that makes sense??

I also think your on the right track re: clothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That makes total sense. When you put it like that I think I definitely need to bring it up. I certainly don't want to be employed by someone who isn't family friendly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to have been some help