+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We get a Christmas bonus, based off the productivity over the past 6 months, (we get biannual bonuses), I think it was around the $400 mark this year - I work part time so it would have been more for full time staff/less for casuals.
    We also get a Coles Myer gift voucher from the doctors on Christmas Eve...from memory this is $200. The company also holds a Christmas party, this year it was dinner and drinks at a restaurant - partners invited.
    I am very happy with this, it makes everyone feel valued and appreciated for their contribution over the year. It is by far the most generous company I have worked for.
    The company itself is large with multiple practices across the state, but each practice is owned by a partner that is a doctor at that site. The Christmas gifts and party are funded by the doctors at each practice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    a) Christmas party provided + an additional week of paid leave to use over Christmas/New Year period.
    b) Small family business.
    c) Stoked!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you get a gift from your employer for Christmas

I've never worked in a place where employees receive bonuses or gifts.

Currently, we get lunch usually on Xmas eve with just staff and then expected to go back to work after it. If someone organises kk then that's the only gift we get.

I work in a medium size not for profit organisation and like all staff, work my guts out.

I don't like it-I feel under appreciated and it's upsetting when you know how hard you work for your wage. A little recognition in the form of a gift card would be so appreciated, cash bonus-I think I would have a heart attack from the oxytocin 😂

If I am ever an employer, I vow to show my appreciation for my staff and that is for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    I've never worked in a place where employees receive bonuses or gifts.

Currently, we get lunch usually on Xmas eve with just staff and then expected to go back to work after it. If someone organises kk then that's the only gift we get.

I work in a medium size not for profit organisation and like all staff, work my guts out.

I don't like it-I feel under appreciated and it's upsetting when you know how hard you work for your wage. A little recognition in the form of a gift card would be so appreciated, cash bonus-I think I would have a heart attack from the oxytocin 😂

If I am ever an employer, I vow to show my appreciation for my staff and that is for sure!
    Yeh we get lunch put on but have to go back to work straight after.
    It is annoying hearing about the massive profits the company i work for makes and we get nothing.
    Management get cash bonuses.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, my employer is brilliant.

First year here- $200 buntings voucher

Second year- $500 Coles myer voucher ( I had just bought a house and got all my kitchen cutlery and crockery plus linen)

Last year- $1000 cash

This is on top of our Christmas party which is usually an awesome meal and heaps of grog somewhere local. We also do a 'team building fun day' during the year. This year it was go karting and archery. Last year it was fishing on a charter boat off the sunny coast.

We're a small company of 4 full time staff and 3 contract/ part time staff.

I'm very happy. Even if we didn't get such awesome bonuses, I'd be happy here. My boss was super accommodating when I was a single mum with taking time off for my daughter. Now that my daughter is in prep and my stepson is in high school, he's allowing me to change my hours for school pick ups and drop offs. I could earn much more money at a large firm, but I'd have less perks and freedom to enjoy my kids.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nudge88 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In all the jobs I ever had, I never received any bonus's or gifts.

My last job was a biggesh company. They used the recession as a reason not to give us pay rises or bonuses, for 4yrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get the time between Xmas and New Years as "special leave" so it doesn't eat into my annual leave, and the whole organisation gets an arvo off with open bar and canapés. It's pretty awesome ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work for a large not for profit as a casual (only work a few hours a week) and got a $100 eftpos gift card. There was a Christmas party (partners were welcome for a small cost). My last employer was also a large not for profit (full time employee) and we had to pay for our Christmas party and didn't receive anything so I felt really appreciated this year.

DH is senior management of a mid size organisation. He got a $5000 bonus and the CEO (and owner) sent me a $100 Westfield gift voucher (probably as a thank you for putting up with the long hours). He also had a really nice Christmas party with partners included. All of the staff received at least a $100 Westfield gift voucher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If I'm lucky my Management will say hello to me

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

kriista  (21-12-2015),White Mage  (22-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going to add that I got a surprise $250 visa debit card. It was a total surprise!