+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny79 View Post
    I am an employer who gives every ft staff member a $500 Woolworths wish gift card and free staff dinner for staff and their partners for Xmas. We also have a couple of dinners through the year paid for and morning tea at least once a fortnight. They and their immediate families also receive free dental care all year.
    Doesn't matter what you give, some staff members do not appreciate it. Usually the staff that have never worked anywhere else - the young ones out of school and a particular older one.
    8 ft staff and a casual.
    What's your sector? I'll be grateful!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

sunny79  (20-12-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Govt- dept edu and nothing. But kids and parents can bring in the most amazing gifts.
    Am I happy with it? Surely a million dollars would make me ecstatic, but I'm just happy to have a job again so I'll settle for that.

Df works for a multi billion dollar company and has done for the past 15 years. In the past he got company branded things but now they just have a big drawer of Coles Myer vouchers they use as incentives. So at Christmas time they grab a handful and hand out $100 vouchers to employees in his area. I have no doubt other areas do other things.
    Does he like it? Not really. He doesn't feel appreciated at all, and he works his guts out. Do I like it? Sometimes I wish they'd go back to giving blocks of cheese and legs of ham!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I work for a small business, and got a bottle of wine from my boss.

Yes I am happy with it. The gift itself isnt as important as the thoughts that come with it, and my boss is fabulous. They treat me extremely well, are super flexible, work to fit in with my needs and hours etc ... so a gift at christmas time is just a nice thought.

DH works for in oile & gas - who are going through tough times at the moment. Usually he gets heaps ... a bonus, a huge christmas party (with partners), a family christmas party with kids and a gift. this year though times are harder, so the huge christmas party with partners was cancelled, no gift .... but they still had the family day and he will still get a bonus.

Can complain though - they are great to work for, and treat him very well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a Nurse at a NFP. We had our Christmas dinner paid for.
    When I worked in the public hospital system, we had a staff lunch about a week before Christmas. They used to provide a hot meal if you worked Christmas Day. It was then downgraded to hampers full of biscuits and lollies. The last year I was there it was downgraded again to those stockings full of chocolate. Except our manager didn't get the memo that they were for Christmas Day and gave a heap away before hand. So on Christmas we just cracked open the remaining stockings and had bowls of chocolate around the place.
    DH got a ham and a hamper with wine and crackers and chocolates and stuff this year. They also had their Christmas party paid for. He works for a major media organisation. The last media organisation he worked for, he was flown to Sydney for the Christmas party. I think his manager gave him a box of chocolates. I would have liked a bit more notice on the ham. Did not have room for it in the fridge. Had to do some major cramming and rearranging.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    I work for a small business, and got a bottle of wine from my boss.

Yes I am happy with it. The gift itself isnt as important as the thoughts that come with it, and my boss is fabulous. They treat me extremely well, are super flexible, work to fit in with my needs and hours etc ... so a gift at christmas time is just a nice thought.

DH works for in oile & gas - who are going through tough times at the moment. Usually he gets heaps ... a bonus, a huge christmas party (with partners), a family christmas party with kids and a gift. this year though times are harder, so the huge christmas party with partners was cancelled, no gift .... but they still had the family day and he will still get a bonus.

Can complain though - they are great to work for, and treat him very well.
    I work in Oil and Gas too. We used to get bonuses, gifts and the most elaborate Xmas parties. The Xmas before last I got a 40% paycut and the Xmas party was significant downgraded. I was just happy to still have a job, so many didn't. It is really tough at the moment, although the run was good while it lasted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got myself this as I seem to be self employed again

Does that count. Yes i love it and appreciate it.
    Last edited by DaveTTC; 20-12-2015 at 13:17.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny79 View Post
    I am an employer who gives every ft staff member a $500 Woolworths wish gift card and free staff dinner for staff and their partners for Xmas. We also have a couple of dinners through the year paid for and morning tea at least once a fortnight. They and their immediate families also receive free dental care all year.
    Doesn't matter what you give, some staff members do not appreciate it. Usually the staff that have never worked anywhere else - the young ones out of school and a particular older one.
    8 ft staff and a casual.
    I find the same thing with DH younger staff, they seem to think what they get is normal, free Xmas party, bonuses, plus lots of other things through the year. I would love to see them work somewhere that doesn't do a thing and expects them to pay for their own Christmas party.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

sunny79  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not working now but my old boss gave me a large Tumi suitcase. When I opened it up at home I found it had a smaller carry on size in it and in that was a card with £3000 telling me to go shopping!! - I was spending the holidays in London. Very small but successful business. Generous but mostly so thoughtful. My employer after that gave squat diddly.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xyz987 For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Anyone remember this.
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/busine...-1225956761056

55 luxury cars
    700 oversea holidays etc

Those employees look like they might lose their jobs this Christmas.
    http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-1...nd-800/7026324
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 20-12-2015 at 14:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The last four years I've worked for a big green hardware store 😂
    I've had:
    Chopping boards
    Wireless speaker
    First aide kit
    Rolling backpack

All these things are branded and they used to give us vouchers too depending on how well they did that year.

The first aide kit was the best present I've had from there and I still use the chopping boards.
    I appreciate anything.

This year I am working at a very small place and have only been there 4 weeks so don't think they do anything and if they do I don't think I'll be getting anything. Which is ok too, they pay me to be there after all 😂.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (21-12-2015)