+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I work in state government.

We don't get gifts but if we are lucky get a meeting with free lunch in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

I'm not thrilled but I understand why. What really gets me is that they can't even find a bit of money to do finger food for a colleague that has retired after 30+ years service!
    Public service are pretty stingy (unless you are a politician lol) I previously worked as Public Servant....we were lucky to be supplied with hot water for a cup of tea (had to being our own tea bag of course!). I know my former colleagues had a Christmas party this year. .....which they had to pay for.

Hubby is a Public servant too, not so much as a Christmas Card for him either. Yet everyone thinks public servant's have their snouts in the trough. I got way more (including the right to negotiate a payrise) working in the private sector then I ever did in the public service.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work for a small independent medical practice, less than 20 PT staff. We usually get a $100 Myer voucher and a bottle of French wine/champagne. Love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am an employer who gives every ft staff member a $500 Woolworths wish gift card and free staff dinner for staff and their partners for Xmas. We also have a couple of dinners through the year paid for and morning tea at least once a fortnight. They and their immediate families also receive free dental care all year.
    Doesn't matter what you give, some staff members do not appreciate it. Usually the staff that have never worked anywhere else - the young ones out of school and a particular older one.
    8 ft staff and a casual.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunny79 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (21-12-2015),meandmyboys82  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not my employer, but one of our doctors gave us a 5kg crate of cherries today. Best. Present. Ever! They were absolutely amazing and I had to restrain myself with how many I took. If I didn't have to share them with everyone else I work with I could easily have eaten a lot more than I did...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I work for a government hospital. As a nurse. Get zip. However they do put on a Xmas party with free food and alcohol. But you get limited time to enjoy it as you still have your work to do. The afternoon staff got nothing as it was all gone by the time they got out there.

Some of you have awesome bosses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I work for a government hospital. As a nurse. Get zip. However they do put on a Xmas party with free food and alcohol. But you get limited time to enjoy it as you still have your work to do. The afternoon staff got nothing as it was all gone by the time they got out there.

Some of you have awesome bosses.
    Ha - our managers didn't even bother organizing a Christmas party for the ward/unit, and when someone else finally organised something none of the managers showed up.

#christmasspirit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny79 View Post
    I am an employer who gives every ft staff member a $500 Woolworths wish gift card and free staff dinner for staff and their partners for Xmas. We also have a couple of dinners through the year paid for and morning tea at least once a fortnight. They and their immediate families also receive free dental care all year.
    Doesn't matter what you give, some staff members do not appreciate it. Usually the staff that have never worked anywhere else - the young ones out of school and a particular older one.
    8 ft staff and a casual.
    Need an extra staff member ? Lol

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (20-12-2015),sunny79  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    I work for the department of education. We don't get a gift, but extra $ in our pay.
    I've never gotten extra $ from the department for Christmas. How does this work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny79 View Post
    8 ft staff and a casual.
    I find that extremely generous, especially at this time of year!!
    The free dental care is a massive perk too.

Please adopt me!! Lol! 😜

12. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

sunny79  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    I work for the department of education. We don't get a gift, but extra $ in our pay.
    Do you mean the leave loading in the first week of December?? We just get it paid at Christmas time rather than when we take holidays ... When I worked full time before becoming a teacher I got my leave loading when I took holidays. It's not a bonus though... Just part of our award payment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast