+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I work for a large retail chain.
    Have worked there for 12 years.
    I get nothing from the company, however our line managers give us gifts out of their own pockets.
    Not sure if anything was given this year as I've been on maternity leave since september.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I work in state government.

We don't get gifts but if we are lucky get a meeting with free lunch in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

I'm not thrilled but I understand why. What really gets me is that they can't even find a bit of money to do finger food for a colleague that has retired after 30+ years service!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope- no gift, no bonus, mandatory 2 week unpaid leave (it closes)

H- no gift or bonus, xmas day and new years day off

Thanks
    Reviews
    I employee myself so I got an awesome necklace.
    DF works for a partially govt funded non for profit. Staff aren't given a present but we went to an amazing lunch with the other managers and their partners.
    We purchased DFs staff a bottle of wine each from our own money knowing how hard they work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Small company, no gift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mid sized company but part of a huge corporation.
    We get a generic gift every year - like a pp said, bbq set, backpack, radio, heart rate monitor.

Every employee gets one even on Mat leave. My manager is posting it to me.

Mostly happy. Work also contributes to our Xmas lunch so we usually get it catered at work and we top up and bring in salads and desserts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I work for the department of education. We don't get a gift, but extra $ in our pay.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 19-12-2015 at 18:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I only just started 2 weeks ago with my employer, so I don't know their policy on department presents at Christmas. We are having a staff lunch in the staff room on Monday though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    a what is the gift
    b is it a large company (ie how many employees)and have you worked there long
    c are you happy with the gift?

Feel free to answer for yourself or your partner.

I am organising presents for staff this year so the above questions are on my mind.
    Everyone in my company gets a Christmas bonus, starts at $100 and you get an extra $100 per year, capped at $500. However if you're on a bonus plan (which not many are but I am), you don't get a Christmas bonus which I totally understand and would prefer as I get much more from my bonus.

We also get a Christmas party with partners which is worth up to $200 per head, depending on the venue. Also a big lunch on Christmas Eve and going home after lunch but getting paid for the full day.

It's a global company, about 5,000 employees. I've been there for over 6 years.

My company, or more my manager I guess, is incredibly generous. I chose to go to a conference on a Sunday in the city (an hour from home) and hubby and my daughter came in and met me for dinner. For working on a Sunday (it was optional, they didn't force me to go), my manager told me to keep my receipt for dinner and make an expense claim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work for a small company (very small staff wise) and our lovely bosses gave us a $100 Movie Gift Voucher so Hubby and I can go to Gold Class 😊

Hubby on the other hand works for the Qld Public Service......no gift for him, ever

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast