+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Dh normally does. But this year it hasn't happened. New state manager.
    In past he has got
    $50 coles and $50 bunnings vouchers
    A navman this 3 years ago.
    A car fridge.
    Medium sized company. (15 employees in this state) has employees here and internationally.

He gets flown across the state for a dinner Christmas party and a night in a hotel.

Dh old job. Big multinational.
    A their brand monopoly.
    A first aid kit
    A car care kit
    A cricket set
    A knife block.

Favourite the vouchers
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 18-12-2015 at 19:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Don't get me started on the awful Christmas lunch the other day. Wth happened to a full roast and dessert?

In all fairness, I think we are pretty spoilt with pancakes and all the cupcakes that we get throughout the year.
    Ah, but as a shift worker it's only a bonus if you happen to be working on the day. Otherwise you get nada. I was on a night shift after the lunch and all we had was some awful fruitcake that had clearly been sitting in the sun all afternoon and sweating in the bag. I don't actually like fruit cake, but even those that do and tried it said it was revolting lol. I guess they try...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes we get gift vouchers I am a nurse for a small company we a Christmas card handwritten thanking for the year with gift card inside. Also, have carols night, Christmas party and other events leading up to Christmas. I am very happy to receive anything last year I still received a card and gift voucher even though I was on mat leave. Reading other comments makes me appreciate my workplace a lot more! It's a pretty nice place to work!

Add it: my DH doesn't get anything in gifts but he does get 6 weeks paid leave during chrimatmas period so that's pretty good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A - no we don't get gifts
    b - yes large national organisation
    c - not happy

😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It varies year to year at my workplace.

The first two years I got a nice bonus, but that was when the company was making really good profit. The following year we got a nice wooden cheese platter & knife set. I don't recall receiving a gift the last two years. No sign of a gift (yet) this year, though maybe we'll get something as our work Xmas celebration was modest and informal.

My job before this one gifted employees a $300 Coles/Myer gift card - that was always the bomb

My current job keeps me very content, so I really don't mind if I don't get a gift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The whole company (around 100 employees)hosts 2 xmas parties for all employees then each department do their own thing as well.

Our particular department got a $100 gift voucher each and got taken to lunch.

Cant complain here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just been chatting about this subject on the "Why Are People So Ungrateful?" thread :-)

My DH owns his own company and has about 20 full-time employees and about 10 casuals.

He gave all full-time staff a bonus minimum $500 and a couple of key staff got $2000. He has only three female staff, so I also did up gift baskets for them with a huge pack of Lush products, a candle, book (personalised to taste), wine, chocolates and biscuits in a big hamper. He also took all his staff out for a night that was a dinner and drinks package, and he's taking a group of ten (those that wanted to) on a deep sea fishing trip on Sunday.

All in all I think he's been incredibly generous and is a great employer - he does have very high standards in his business, but he gives credit where it's due and in a tradie type industry he is known as the boss you can go to if you're having a hard time and he'll work things out with you.

For example one bloke split up with his wife and asked for an advance to pay his electricity bill, and DH not only gave him an advance, but organised for him to do some overtime, had an hour long chat with him and gave him some solid advice about divorce and kids (having been there himself) and then he was a bit worried about the guy so made sure a couple of workers checked up on him on the weekend and took him out for dinner. He feels that it goes both ways, if people work hard, his company succeeds so he looks after his team.

I think his staff are usually very happy with what they get, except for The Ungrateful One today!
    Last edited by Summer; 18-12-2015 at 19:53.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (21-12-2015)

almai is online now "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The1st few years, we got a $100-$200 Christmas bonus added to our pay which was nice plus a few extra days paid at overtime. Now we get nothing and get standard public holidays. (I've been there 6 years)

Company is huge (not for profit, part government funded). I'm not sure if this is company wide or just limited to my sector (support worker).

Whilst we get paid quite well, we used to be the highest paid in our profession Australia wide and now are on par with government recommendations. So that kinda sucks. A bonus would be nice. Anything is appreciated. We work long hours in a pretty thankless job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I've just been chatting about this subject on the "Why Are People So Ungrateful?" thread :-)

My DH owns his own company and has about 20 full-time employees and about 10 casuals.

He gave all full-time staff a bonus minimum $500 and a couple of key staff got $2000. He has only three female staff, so I also did up gift baskets for them with a huge pack of Lush products, a candle, book (personalised to taste), wine, chocolates and biscuits in a big hamper. He also took all his staff out for a night that was a dinner and drinks package, and he's taking a group of ten (those that wanted to) on a deep sea fishing trip on Sunday.

All in all I think he's been incredibly generous and is a great employer - he does have very high standards in his business, but he gives credit where it's due and in a tradie type industry he is known as the boss you can go to if you're having a hard time and he'll work things out for you. For example one bloke split up with his wife and asked for an advance to pay his electricity bill, and DH not only gave him an advance, but organised for him to do some overtime, had an hour long chat with him and gave him some solid advice about divorce and kids (having been there himself) and then he was a bit worried about the guy so made sure a couple of workers checked up on him on the weekend and took him out for dinner. He feels that it goes both ways, if people work hard, his company succeeds so he looks after his team.
    Wow, what a great boss. I hope his employees appreciate how generous he is (sounds like his bookkeeper doesn't!) From the sounds of it, employers like that are very rare in this day and age. And cudos to you for the lovely baskets.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

Summer  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I work for the government so I get squat...

I do however have beautiful parents buy me gifts... Not expected but very much appreciated.