+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I regularly get "you are the worse mum in the world". My response is "glad to hear it, means I'm doing my job properly".

When my now 13 year old was 3, she got all flustered and called me the worst thing she could think of "idiot f@rking head". It has stuck around in our family, probably due to my reaction at the time. Most people laugh if they hear it, but it really rattled me she was only 3.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 18-12-2015 at 21:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When my 4 year old DD says "I don't like you" (or similarly awful things) I just grin and take it with a pinch of salt. It's a 3/4 year old thing so I don't take much notice. It's usually said after she hasn't gotten her own way and I'm certainly not going to let her have her way if she says nasty things! Of course I know she loves me so it doesn't bother me at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD told me just the other day that even though she knows Santa maybe won't come for saying this but if I ever give myself a bigger piece of sausage than she gets (polish sausage you snack on type thing) then she won't love me anymore. I didn't know what to say and just looked at her and said wow and she melted into a flood of tears and took herself to her bedroom.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

deku  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not dark as such but a few weeks ago I was on the exercise bike and my DS2 (aged 3) stood staring at me with a shocked look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and shaking his head he said "oh my god mummy your bum is SO BIG!!!" But don't worry Dad's is big too"

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry 😆

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    Not dark as such but a few weeks ago I was on the exercise bike and my DS2 (aged 3) stood staring at me with a shocked look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and shaking his head he said "oh my god mummy your bum is SO BIG!!!" But don't worry Dad's is big too"

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry 😆
    Lol I had a similar one a few months ago whilst in the midst of one of those omg I have nothing to wear melt downs, DS who is 4, was watching me frantically changing for the 10th time and says don't worry mum, you're not that fat, your just a bit fat lol

The word hate is considered a swear word in our house so my cherubs don't use it, DS's latest when he doesn't get what he wants is "nobody in this house loves me! No one!!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd has started the your mean and I hate you and just constant attitude and rudeness. Is this a 8 and half year old girl thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I remember being about 9 or so and I was obsessed with stationery for school for some reason and I had to have a folder with loose leaf paper in it. I'd pestered my poor Mum about it even though at the time she was going through a divorce because my Dad had run off with another woman and left her with three kids but there I am going on about loose leaf paper.

Anyway she gets home from shopping an hour away and I let fly about how angry I am and I never get what I want blah blah and she probably didn't even get me my loose leaf paper...

...and of course there it is on the table.
    😢😢😢

Still so much guilt 25 years later. My poor Mum.

So anyway if your kids are being a bit nasty, they don't really mean it, and they'll probably feel bad about it later on.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (19-12-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Not me but what I said to my mum. She asked me what I would do if she died (not a fair question) and I answered 'get my ears pierced finally' cos she'd never let me. Apparently that was hurtful.

DS is pretty good except he always says 'daddy should do it. He can do it better'. I CAN DO IT TOO!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    Just the usual

- I hate you

- You are a terrible/mean mum

- I want to live somewhere else (and has run away in the past, walked straight into some old lady's house. 4 hours she was missing. Yes police were involved to help locate her. She was 4 or 5 at the time).

All the above are daily occurrences for her.

The one that crushed me was...

- I wish you were dead!
    (I said this to my nan as a kid throwing tantrums and she passed away when I was 13. Its one of the last things I ever said to her and I never got to apologise. It haunts me to this day. Dd1 has only ever said it to me the once, and I made damn sure she understood the impact saying something like that can have on someone).
    That's awful. I'm sure you Nan knew you didn't mean it and it has had more impact on you then it ever did her. What an awful thing to happen xx We all say things we regret.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd has started "you're not my best friend"
    I shout back "good cause I'm not your friend I'm your mum"
    We're real mature here!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (19-12-2015)