+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids are 3 and 5. I make sure they gave the same number and roughly the same size. I'll care more about dollar value when they start to understand it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I went a bit OTT and made sure $$ was the same and no of presents were the same. They've got 2 each from Santa and 4 each from us. No big presents for either this year but think they got most of what they wanted on their lists where it was appropriate - requests for iPads, wii and other electronics were denied hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We do one gift from Santa and 3-4x stocking stuffers each. Then 3 presents each per child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    I stress over this every year! I've got my two boys a fair few Xbox games and the new Lego dimensions thing with extra accessories to share, as well as heaps of individual presents but haven't got anything similar to the Xbox haul for DD. I have got her large presents though and she has lots more stocking fillers so I'm hoping she won't notice. *restrains self from buying anything else*
    So I got DD another present today. I'm hopeless lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not so much $ wise but i made sure my kids had the same amount of gifts.
    When they unwrap them in xmas morning we usually hand them one each to unwrap till all done so the quantity needs to be fair.

As for cost our eldest is 8 so its not a problem yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going out on Monday to even mine up and I don't think I have got them enough.

I have been so disorganised this xmas. DP and I went overseas in November and I have found it so hard to get back into routine since coming back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've got a young cousin coming to stay this year, which is making it tricky to "even out" gifts. The family is flying and so don't want to bring much or take much home, plus his parents don't tend to go as crazy with presents as I do.

I've tried to co-ordinate with his mum so that Santa brings a similar number of gifts for my two (a 2 yo and a 4 mo) and their cousin (3 yo) and have reduced the number of gifts from us that I was planning. The problem, though, is still going to be that my two will also be getting presents from extended family, while his will be waiting for him at home - so while it's even overall, he may still feel gypped on the day.

I'm not sure whether to leave it as is and hope he doesn't notice or will understand why (unlikely!), or whether to get him some extra, small things, which may raise his parents' ire if it has the effect of increasing his expectations for next year. I don't want him to feel hard done by and sad!