+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default microlut

Hi
    Just after some advise, I am 6 weeks postpartum, exclusive breastfeeding well 3 to 4 hourly sometimes maximum 5 hrs at night this is rare, 2 days ago I started on the mini pill microlut, have started getting headaches, bloating and slight spotting. Not wanting to continue on it if these side effects will last, if I went off it now, would the lam method be an effective form of contraceptive, now ive started on the pill already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been on Microlut for 2 years, I had constant spotting, bloating, headaches and mood swings for the first 6 months, it has settled down now, however if I go on a course of antibiotics it pretty much starts all over again.
    It also doesn't "control" my cycle so every 22 days for me it is.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tproz For This Useful Post:

firstbubba2015  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used microlut after ds1, fine for 6 months til my period returned then it sent me agro. Angry, mood swings, sad a lot etc
    I quite it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just gone off it postpartum after four months of constant spotting! It really started getting me down.
    I'm waiting to see if the spotting comes back, it's been a fortnight since I went off the pill and I'm now about to hit a week without spotting...we'll see if it continues!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to seasun For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've just gone off it after 2 years on it. I had no issues with it. But the normal pill used to give me migraines

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou to everyone for the replies, so if I go off it the chances of falling pregnant are slim right because im breastfeeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbubba2015 View Post
    Thankyou to everyone for the replies, so if I go off it the chances of falling pregnant are slim right because im breastfeeding
    I wouldn't count on that. Remember you ovulate before you get your period, so you could ovulate without knowing and end up pregnant.