+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OK, I've been hanging to find out what happened. Did everyone go back to work yesterday? Update please.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Life is Good For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (12-01-2016),Summer  (05-01-2016),Wise Enough  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Life is Good View Post
    OK, I've been hanging to find out what happened. Did everyone go back to work yesterday? Update please.
    Great timing, I was just about to post!

So they all went back to work yesterday and the staff member in question was very cold towards my DH and very stand-offish. No apology at all, and not even being friendly. Seing as she came to work with such a bad attitude he's decided to not even bother sitting down and discussing it with her, the more he thinks about it, the more he realises how far out of line she's been.

To receive not even a simple thank you for a $2K bonus, to use another staff's confidential pay information to try and manipulate her own pay rise after already receiving two significant pay rises in eighteen months, plus training that has given her extra qualifications is just not on at all. Her job is completely different to the other ladies' so there's no comparison anyway.

In DH's mind now she is as good as gone. With the attitude she's giving him she will quite likely resign of her own accord, or dig her own grave by not fulfilling her job and will end up with warnings and then the sack. She seems to have come to work and is not giving a sh!t - basically being asked to do things and answering with "whatever".

This issue has been on DH's mind all over the holidays and he was quite prepared to come to work and have a talk with her about it, but when he copped the attitude from the minute he arrived, he decided not to bother. He believe it is pure jealousy of the other lady, and one of those situations where she believes that she "saved" the company from financial ruin, so therefore deserves some fantasy status in the company. All that happened was the last bookkeeper made a mess of the accounts and she had to come in and sort them out - not exactly saving the company from ruin.

Even if she did have a personal reason for reacting so badly, as in a fight at home, or stress over money etc then you would think she would have settled down enough over the holidays to be able to come into work and either apologise, or if she does have a genuine issue, then approach DH about her pay or whatever the problem is. But nope, like an immature twit she treats him like dirt and that just finished it for DH.

I can't imagine what she'll say to people when she ends up leaving.

"Oh my boss gave me two $10K pay rises in eighteen months, treated me well, trained me in new areas to add to my qualifications, and then had the hide to pay one of his engineers more than me, so when he gave me a $2K bonus and a huge gift hamper at Christmas, I threw a tanty, tried to manipulate him into giving me a pay rise too, then stormed out, went on holidays and came back and treated him like dirt. So of course I had to resign - who would put up with a boss like that?"
    Last edited by Summer; 05-01-2016 at 10:37.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (05-01-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-01-2016),BluePixie  (06-01-2016),Chillies  (12-01-2016),DT75  (12-01-2016),SuperGranny  (14-01-2016),Wise Enough  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    😨 wow. Just wow. Well she sounds like a delight 😒
    She's being very "high school"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds really unpleasant. I hope it's not uncomfortable for the rest of the office.

Disgruntled employees can be dangerous... Do you think he will confront her and set things straight eventually?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (05-01-2016),Summer  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I do think he should call her into his office for a chat.

This woman is dealing with your books and confidential information - I personally wouldn't want someone disgruntled like her holding such a position.

I'm not saying fire her, but it needs to be hashed out. With a bit of luck she'll storm off and quit

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Californication  (05-01-2016),Chillies  (12-01-2016),Summer  (05-01-2016),Truffle  (05-01-2016),Wise Enough  (05-01-2016),~BEXTER~  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm going to risk being shot here and suggest it's best to not expect a grand reception from a hamper. Unless a hamper contained things I actively used (beer, wine, movie tickets, cabanossi) I wouldn't be terribly excited. I tend to throw those fancy wafer biscuit things out - who eats them. And as for soaps etc my skin is sensitive so they go in the vinnies donation bag.

Not saying this to be narky - just trying to explain that while it may have been fun to make the hampers it may not be something that floats the employees boat.

Bonus on the other hand - hell yeah! Awesome!
    Coincidentally I was just reading the ungrateful Christmas present thread where a child had complained they didn't like the gift and got quite visibly upset and wanting something else(2014). You made the comment along the lines that the child should have politely accepted the gift regardless of if they actually liked it and not whine and b!itch and be completely ungrateful. It's not OK for a child to be ungrateful but it's fine for an adult to throw a tanty.

A gift is a gift. You thank them and be polite. Unless it was a steaming dog turd then be as ungrateful and as rude as you like.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (14-01-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-01-2016),BluePixie  (06-01-2016),Chillies  (12-01-2016),DT75  (12-01-2016),Full House  (05-01-2016),Kate8  (14-01-2016),Leettieb  (05-01-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-01-2016),Purple Poppy  (06-01-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (05-01-2016),Summer  (05-01-2016),twinklify  (05-01-2016),~BEXTER~  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just read this thread from the start and really can't believe her behaviour.

I have worked in payroll for almost 10 years and have had to process a lot of wage increases/bonuses and never once compared it to my own wage or questioned it. Anyone's wage apart from my own isn't my business, I only have access to this information as its my job to.

She obviously still feels like she has been hard done by which I can't understand as her salary is above the average for a payroll clerk/bookkeeper and I have never received a Christmas bonus and I work for a very well know large company. She really should be considering herself lucky!

I hope she wakes up to herself and if I was your DH I would be having hr talk to her about her role and the highly confidential nature of it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahjane914 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys - I imagine it isn't too comfortable in the office at the moment and I think DH will sort things out sooner rather than later. As has been mentioned her role is an important one and she is privy to quite a bit of confidential information, so I'm sure he'll be on top of it and won't let things fester along.

I truly don't understand it either @sarahjane914 - I know I only hear one side of the story from DH, but he's the first to be honest about himself if he thinks he's been too hard on his staff or has upset them in any way, and from what he's shared with me over the past couple of years I think they've had a very good working relationship and have always had very open communication. So it was all very unexpected and very immature - such a shame as I know DH has said SO many times how important she is to the company so he makes sure he looks after her. Oh well. I'm sure there are other bookkeepers out there that won't cause him so much grief and will actually appreciate things like payrises and bonuses!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-01-2016),meandmyboys82  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder if he is better off having a chat to her (with a witness) and getting it all formal and in writing in case something happens and she goes in for unfair dismissal or something.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Qwerty For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-01-2016),Chillies  (12-01-2016),delirium  (05-01-2016),Leettieb  (05-01-2016),MissMuppet  (05-01-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (05-01-2016),Summer  (05-01-2016),Wise Enough  (05-01-2016),~BEXTER~  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I wonder if he is better off having a chat to her (with a witness) and getting it all formal and in writing in case something happens and she goes in for unfair dismissal or something.
    That's probably not a bad idea, as if she's got some bad attitude now, she might start getting nasty if she suspects that DH couldn't care less if she resigns. It could be worth documenting the incident and the bad attitude now for future reference - I'll mention it to him tonight, as I'd hate him to be dragged through the wringer for giving a bonus!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-01-2016),Chillies  (12-01-2016)