+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    So let me get this straight:

She got a 10k pay rise earlier this year.
    He tells her all the time how valued she is
    For Xmas she got a 2k bonus and a basket

And she's whining another girl took the pay rise in lieu of the bonus. She does understand the premise of this choice right? That this girl didn't get a bonus.

Frankly she'd be doing you a favour walking. Her true colours have come out by the sounds of it. My DH would be doing backflips over the bonuses your DH offers. She sounds like a childish prat.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (18-12-2015),KitiK  (12-01-2016),Mod-Nomsie  (18-12-2015),Nemmi1987  (19-12-2015),Summer  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    to put her over $70K now for a full-time admin/bookkeeper/payroll etc.
    Jesus I barely get that as a university qualified nurse - as well as no christmas bonus, gift etc. She should be bloody grateful for what she gets.

How hard is it to understand that they're two completely seperate jobs?

I don't get p!ssed off because the doctors are earning more money than me or another nurse with 20 years more experience then me is earning more than me.

I wonder if there's something else going on.......

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (12-01-2016),Summer  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Ha ha well when you put it like that...

I can see why your hubby is so pi$$ed.
    Of course that's all supposition, but that's what DH thinks is happening, but I guess he'll find out when he talks to her next week... You're awesome @harvs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    So let me get this straight:

She got a 10k pay rise earlier this year.
    He tells her all the time how valued she is
    For Xmas she got a 2k bonus and a basket

And she's whining another girl took the pay rise in lieu of the bonus. She does understand the premise of this choice right? That this girl didn't get a bonus.

Frankly she'd be doing you a favour walking. Her true colours have come out by the sounds of it. My DH would be doing backflips over the bonuses your DH offers. She sounds like a childish prat.
    Correct! And the other girl is taking on extra responsibility so it's not all a bonus, her pay rise is part of the new job description.

DH and I are just totally stunned. Way to ruin what should have been a great day at work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As a bookkeeper I can only say that her attitude is completely unprofessional.

She might want to work on her work ethics.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (19-12-2015),Olive Oil  (18-12-2015),Summer  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alliecat89 View Post
    Jesus I barely get that as a university qualified nurse - as well as no christmas bonus, gift etc. She should be bloody grateful for what she gets.

How hard is it to understand that they're two completely seperate jobs?

I don't get p!ssed off because the doctors are earning more money than me or another nurse with 20 years more experience then me is earning more than me.

I wonder if there's something else going on.......
    Exactly! Two completely different jobs, you can't compare - it's not that hard to wrap your head around is it? Must be something else but not sure if it's simply feeling undervalued or jealous or something else. But they have a lot of very open communication at work, so if there are issues they are usually bought up and thrashed out at the time, so unless something has been festering and not spoken about it's all a bit of a mystery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll also add that attitude would probably be a written warning at my work (I would suspect). So I hope your DH addresses it and sorts it out

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (19-12-2015),Summer  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let her walk if she wants. It won't be hard to find another bookkeeper with a 70k salary (plus end of year bonuses) on offer. That's a great package for a book keeper.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-12-2015),KitiK  (12-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (18-12-2015),Nemmi1987  (19-12-2015),Summer  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I'll also add that attitude would probably be a written warning at my work (I would suspect). So I hope your DH addresses it and sorts it out
    This

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Summer  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I agree that your DP's bookkeeper overreacted somewhat, I'd like to put 3 points out there for consideration:

1. To suggest that an employee 'just be grateful' for her gift and bonus implies that she has no right to negotiate anything or ask for better (pay, conditions, whatever). IMO that kind of attitude is somewhat old fashioned. I personally, while being thrilled to get an awesome hamper, would not ever see that as replacing a pay rise/bonus (OP I do note that you say the employee got a bonus and a pay rise earlier in the year; I'm responding to what I'm interpreting as a bit of a tone in the thread that she should 'pipe down and be grateful'!)

2. The requirement that an employee should not know what her colleagues are paid is, again IMO, designed to 'divide and conquer' the workforce And while that terminology might be a little bit too left wing for some, I do think that denying employees access to information about what their colleagues are paid is a good way to keep them all in the dark and have no capacity to negotiate. More importantly, it's historically been one of the best ways to ensure that women have not received equal pay ( OP I'm in no way suggesting that this is the case here).

3. Finally, someone please correct me if I'm wrong , but I'm pretty sure 'gag clauses' prohibiting employees from discussing / revealing their wages with others are (soon to be???) made illegal. Again, I may be wrong on this advice been away from my day job for a year!

I know I seem to be the odd one out with this opinion, so go easy lol!

Oh, just a final thing, I totally agree that the book-keeper, in having access to others' pay records as part of her job, should never abuse that information and use it to her own benefit.

OP I'm really sorry your DP had this happens as he seems like a really decent boss. Just some things to consider.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (18-12-2015),Summer  (18-12-2015)