+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is this the same bookkeeper there was a whole thread about earlier on in the year?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (18-12-2015),Summer  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So far out of line. I'm the accountant at my work so I know what pay every one gets. I would never considering discussing anyone else's pay with my boss unless it was related to my direct reports and a specific issue. What I get paid has nothing to do with what other people get and vice versa.

Sounds like she needs a reality check.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber4304 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Yep...she's an ungrateful b&tch Luv😐 Fancy stacking on a turn like that with the waterworks and all?? Frucking ridiculous!! So immature & very, very childish.

I think she's totally taking how generous your DH is for granted. Most people get bugger all from their employers for Xmas!! My DP gets a leg of ham...no Xmas party etc but it's better than nothing & keeps him in lunches for months!!😁

If she doesn't have any other factors influencing this pathetic behaviour I'd be tempted to give her the a r s e myself. Unfair work dismissal laws aside...she deserves a bloody good talking to & a verbal warning or something at the very least for her unprofessional behaviour...i.e whinging/whining & badgering your DH about the co-workers pay rise.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (12-01-2016),Summer  (18-12-2015),SuperGranny  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    Is this the same bookkeeper there was a whole thread about earlier on in the year?
    Good memory!! That was the independent accountant that we both used, not my DHs company bookkeeper - although they did have to work together on quite a bit of stuff. Thankfully that old accountant is no longer in the picture

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (05-01-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-12-2015),BluePixie  (05-01-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Good memory!! That was the independent accountant that we both used, not my DHs company bookkeeper - although they did have to work together on quite a bit of stuff. Thankfully that old accountant is no longer in the picture
    Okay I was going to say this woman had some serious serious issues but now it's okay it's not her haha.

That is incredibly unprofessional for her to act that way I didn't realise we need to give everyone the same pay rise/bonus just so feelings aren't hurt

10. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

Summer  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does seem a bit out of character because she's usually really good, although she can get a bit emotional at times. Even if she did think it was all really unfair, it's not the time or place to bring it up right when you've been given a gift and frigging awesome bonus!

It feels really awful when the joy has been taken out of giving a gift that you are really excited about giving. I took the hampers out to the car this morning with DH and he was all happy and excited about doing the bonuses - and then this. So deflating - totally ruined his day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I would've done cartwheels for your DH if I got given a hamper like that let alone the 2k bonus on top of!!!😁

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Summer  (18-12-2015),~BEXTER~  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your poor DH! What an amazing gift to his staff and then for it to end like that.

I get a small bonus from time to time as does my DH (not in the league of these though) and I always feel appreciative for the effort my boss goes too.

I hope your DH doesn't lose his Christmas cheer!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Summer  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a cow! I would be looking for a way to get rid of her. So selfish!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Summer  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work for a large company in HR and we found that it's always best to implement a policy of matters regarding compensation are private and confidential and staff will be disciplined accordingly if it's found that they have discussed it with each other. It's avoids this sort of drama.

This lady needs a hard dose of perspective which I'm sure when she calms down, your husband will give her.

Let me know if a position becomes available, I would love to work for a company that treats their employees so well.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (18-12-2015),Summer  (18-12-2015)