+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can not sleep through New Years! We don't do anything exciting but we have either friends over, (who also have children)or its its the 4 of us with a late dinner, lots of desserts, lots of sparklers, a bottle of champagne and some mock tails for DD and DS, then we all have a looong sleep in the next day!
    Oh and I do my makeup like its 1999 😂 I don't get out much so I make the most of it!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    It's a bit like Australia Day to me now. Non event.

More people out, more drunk people out, over crowded venues, takes to long to get a drink, takes even longer to get a cab...... No thanks!

House parties!? Again, no thanks. We can't get sitters, NO WAY am I taking the kids and trying to get them to bed after midnight when we get home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always do something with a group of close friends. We dont get blind drunk or stay up all night,but we will put the kids to bed,sit up together with a few glasses of wine and some nice food, chatting until midnight. Its a really lovely relaxing way to finish off the busyness of the xmas season.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Last time I did something for NYE was in 2008 hahaha

This year dp is working and I will have all the kids so I plan on movies in the lounge room and lots of junk food probably be asleep by 10

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am looking forward to enjoying NYE again one day. This year we have a newborn plus two other children and that pretty much guarantees I will be in bed when my newbie is. No chance of lasting until midnight. We also have very, very limited babysitters currently. Hopefully next year we will be able to head out and celebrate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    NYE has never been a big event for me, I didn't even bother staying up until midnight before having kids most of the time. I'd much rather enjoy NYD over spending it hung over and tired, but that's pretty well what I think about every day as a non drinking, morning person anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawaii View Post
    I always found NYE to be overrated, even back in my single, partying days. So I'm more than happy to treat it as a normal night and be asleep by 9pm.
    Same!

I'm always keen for a few drinks and a dance - but on NYE everywhere is packed, it takes 10x as long to get anywhere, everything costs twice as much as it would on a normal night and there's always a tonne of high expectations that never get met.

I'm happy to stay at home or a friends place and have a few drinks but definitely won't be heading out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

bluehawaii  (19-12-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    that is so sad blackdiamond. I really feel very sad for anyone who has a great sadness happen on what would be happy day. my birthday is Anzac Day, so I always have a happy/sad birthday. my sympathies to you, marie.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    out of the blue, we have a NYE party invite from a niece. It would be nice to do something, and catch up with some of the family, but it means a 2 hour drive after finishing work at maybe 4pm. We cant stay at their place, but we have other family and friends in the area. not really interested in the long drive, but we might think about it a bit more. marie.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond View Post
    New Years used to be a cruisy BBQ and drinks with my family. I doubt it will ever mean anything good again though. My brother was involved in an accident in the very early hours of new years day this year. He passed away on the 2nd 😢
    I was thinking of you around New Years this year. I hope you and your family are going ok xxx