+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Nothing- not even children- will come between me and my NYE dancey dance. We always go out for it, this year we are doing the same as last year, drinks at a friend's place in town then a soul and funk night until the not-so wee hours. We'll be home by 1.30ish to relieve the babysitter. Unless we score the kids having a sleepover at grandma's house in which case it's on for young and old!
    Boohoo! I want to party with you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I'm slightly concerned, several hubbers actually know my address....

Just make sure to bring booze.
    I'll try and round up a possie

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always found NYE to be overrated, even back in my single, partying days. So I'm more than happy to treat it as a normal night and be asleep by 9pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawaii View Post
    I always found NYE to be overrated, even back in my single, partying days. So I'm more than happy to treat it as a normal night and be asleep by 9pm.
    Me too. Not sure I could even stay up past 10pm now anyway!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

bluehawaii  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We don't usually do anything spectacular- generally go to mums, drink, kids run wild, watch fireworks on TV and do the countdown then go to bed. This year will be a big one though- all our friends plus their kids (about 15 kids between 4 couples) and my mum are coming to ours, we have hired 2 big jumping castles. I will probably have an early night, don't have it in me to be the only sober one and put up with their drunken rubbish haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Havent seen a new year in since 2009.
    Since then we've had babies, toddlers etc and been sensible going to bed like any regular night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    New Years used to be a cruisy BBQ and drinks with my family. I doubt it will ever mean anything good again though. My brother was involved in an accident in the very early hours of new years day this year. He passed away on the 2nd 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so relieved to read this thread and know that I'm not alone in NYE being a total non-event! I thought maybe DH and I were just losers, lol. We would both much rather have a nice meal at home, crash in front of the TV and get a good night's sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @BlackDiamond Am so very sorry to read about your brother Luv. How utterly devastating for you & your family😦 (((hugs)))

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

BlackDiamond  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I've done plenty of partying over the years for New Years before DD arrived so I'm over it for the forseeable future tbh.

Much rather get some decent sleep now plus I can't recover as quickly & as easily from a big night out as I used to either!!😁