+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default Different pregnancies

How different have all your pregnancies been? Did they get easier? Did they get harder? Were they pretty similar?

It's still early days of my pregnancy and I have almost no symptoms. With my daughter I had strong symptoms early on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine all got progressively harder, but I think some of that was having kids to look after while pregnant and not being able to rest etc. I say try and enjoy the lack of symptoms!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine were completely different, the first I had morning sickness, all day everyday, until after 20wks, as soon as that eased up it was heart burn, and then there was the preeclampsia.
    The actual birthing was a traumatic 14hours, there was so much tearing it took me well around 2mths to recover to be able to sit normally.

My second (and last) had nausea until about 14wks, despite being 30kgs heavier it was actually a very easy pregnancy, the birth was 6hrs, and apart from a couple slip ups by staff it was very easy compared to the first. Just a small tear, I came home and sat on the couch, I was shocked to be able to sit, if my first had been this easy it wouldn't have taken over 6yrs to have the second, maybe I would have even thought about a third

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 were completely different.

DD1 it started with sore bbs & then I had horrid morning sickness for half the pregnancy. Had a few ok weeks then my blood pressure started going up & stayed at 135/90 for the rest of the pregnancy. I also puffed up (face, hands & feet up to my knees) & had pitting oedema.

DD2 was textbook lol. Had a couple of weeks of sore bbs & mild morning sickness then no issues for the rest of the pregnancy aside from some hip/pelvic pain at the end. Blood pressure was perfect & no swelling

Second pregnancy was so much easier & so was her birth.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Still pregnant with my 2nd but 1st and 2nd are different. 1st I had MS/symptoms before I took a test (would've been just over 4 weeks). Had all day sickness but it was manageable. It ended at 1st tri. I fainted a bit 2nd/3rd tri. Otherwise it was boring lol. This pregnancy nothing until after 7 weeks. MS was horrible. Was on zofran daily which just helped enough to function. Had MS to 18 weeks. Even now I have food aversions and if I get tired get so MS creeping back. No fainting/feeling faint (at 23 weeks). Otherwise its gone back to boring. I'll also add 1st was boy and this is a girl.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Different pregnancies

My first 2 were pretty similar (both boys). About the same amount of ms and symptoms early on, only had mild cravings. My belly was bigger with #2 and hips hurt more towards the end. I'm currently 33 weeks with #3 and this one has been totally different and harder than the others, I'm having a girl this time so wonder if that's why. Ms was worse early on, symptoms stronger and lasted longer, and a super sweet tooth that I never had with the boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Goes to show how very different every pregnancy is! I had very early symptoms with my daughter and threw up almost every day of my pregnancy. Her labour was short. 6 hours from first contraction. I tore and needed stitches. Placenta unfortunately got stuck and had to be removed in theatre.

I'm a bit nervous that the placenta issue will occur again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine were quite similar up to their mode of delivery. I've had 4 pregnancies, 2 take home babies and even my 2 angels were identical circumstances

I have suffered awful ms with all 4, medicated for 3 of them for round the clock vomiting. It eased up when - #1 had d&c for mmc, dd was about 17wks, #3 had mc induced as mmc, ds about 15wks

I had smooth sailing pregnancies with both ds and dd thereafter, no indigestion/heartburn/spd etc.

Labour wise, dd was a 100% natural water birth. (No pain relief & natural 3rd stage) ds on the other decided he wanted out feet first and remained footling breech so he was a planned cs

As I mentioned my 2 angel babies were the same 2. Beautiful strong hb at early scan/s, no more hb at 12.5wks and 10.5wks (f/n scans with the 2nd picked it up earlier) no signs of mc naturally

Yes ds's pregnancy was harder physically but I had a boisterous 2yo to run around after.

Good luck
    Last edited by michellek; 18-12-2015 at 08:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine were pretty similar, except for having to look after a toddler whilst pregnant!
    Nausea/vomiting was far worse with my first and lasted a lot longer. Otherwise similar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both quite different. First was a breeze, no MS, was pretty comfortable until near the end. Very easy pregnancy.

Second was hard. MS started at 8 weeks, was horrible until 15 weeks. My tummy hurt from about 16 weeks onwards (I think due to prior muscle separation). Then my hips hurt near the end. Didn't really enjoy it.