+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    All this hysteria surrounding the big bad C word is the reason my son suffered through 12+ months of pain, instead of just getting a freaking circumcision. I agree with PP's that this anti-circ movement has swung way waaay too far in the other direction. If it's medically indicated, it's medically indicated.
    Absolutely 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    Medically necessary circ's are actually not as rare as you may think.

So if your son was having ongoing issues you would prefer him be in discomfort/pain while his issue heals then wait for the next time rather than listen to the opinion of a medical practitioner, let your son have a circ so he no longer has further issues!! I would personally take the initiative myself and speak to my gp about a circ if my son was having ongoing issues as I would feel terrible knowing he was in pain every time.

Pro circ'ers have been refered a few things over the years by anti circ'ers on bubhub and a child abuser is one of them. I think seeing and knowing your child is in pain on an ongoing basis and not doing anything about it is child abuse.
    Whaaatttt? This is the first time the OP's son has needed to see the doctor for a sore penis, so yeah, I'd wait before removing a part of my child's body. FTR I'm actually not anti-circ (I am anti RIC, but not anti medically necessary circ), but I would want to know that if I was to getting a part of my child's body permanently removed that it was 110% the only option left.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Californication  (20-12-2015),Nemmi1987  (22-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm referring to other posters who's sons do have ongoing issues not the op.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Woah yeah I'd be asking for a different doctor one who isn't going to push you to circumcise.

I can't understand how any parent could routinely think a part of their baby needs cutting off.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    What ages does a boys foreskin separate?

DS is 4.5 and uncircumcised, every now and then the tip of his penis looks a little red, but he has never complained until recently. He has now been saying it hurts, and tonight it looks a bit more red and inflamed

We took him to a GP a few weeks ago (not our usual) and she called a 'senior' doctor in for advice... Well if I had known who she was going to call I would have walked out, but anyway, he came in, looked at DS penis, attempted to pull back his foreskin and then said it was 'a bit tight'. He went on to say DS 'may need to be circumcised!!!'

I really don't want to go down that road but what are the other options?
    I have sent u a private message

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow zombies For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default At what age?

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Oh for God's sake! This sort of thing needs the attention of a doctor, preferably a Paediatric Surgeon, and NOT anonymous members of Bub Hub. Or the bloody internet!
    SAgirl, you routinely post questions about your son's health (coughing, etc). But in this case, if you disagree with the opinion of two GPs, then ask for an urgent referral to a Paediatric Surgeon.
    This has nothing to do with "routine circumcision"! If your son's foreskin is red and/or swollen, don't you think perhaps he may have some pathology which needs attention?
    (I won't say I'm a doctor, because you know that well and truly by now. In the past I have tried to give you helpful advice, but you seemingly do not care. But I sincerely hope you do the right thing by your son.).

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Wow, ok so I haven't been on here in a few days now, I have been sick and working.

The first post I saw when I came on this morning was yours. Needless to say I am pretty upset and I think you're extremely rude! You have no idea about anything about myself or my son, or his health.

You are jumping to conclusions.

For **** sakes, I ASKED at what age does the foreskin separate!? I didn't ask for any medical advice and I asked at a time when I could NOT go to my GP and I already had an opinion of an OLD OUTDATED DOCTOR and a junior doctor! A doctor who told me to DRUG my child and let him CIO when he was a baby and he wasn't sleeping well, hence why I don't listen to a word he says.

He told me on this occasion to pull my sons foreskin back and then he needed circumcision. Would you take HIS advice?

NOT ONCE, did I say I wasn't going to get a 2nd opinion, I came here for advice from other mothers because I have read so many posts over the years with regards to these types of things.

The next day and ever since, he has been FINE. I can use my own judgement too!

Also, nowhere did I say anything about 'routine circumcision!! Someone else wrote that and I corrected them.
    Last edited by SAgirl; 21-12-2015 at 06:25.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (22-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Hang on, there are medical/pregnancy/wellbeing related threads on here all the time. That doesn't mean posters are not going to seek professional medical help as well as asking a question on a forum. I'm sure @SAgirl wouldn't use the experiences of others on a forum as a substitute for genuine medical advice.

When I am with my friends who have kids I'll often ask them questions, particularly about health and wellbeing, and attempt to gain a range of knowledge and experience to help me with questions I might ask a doctor, things I might look out for, etc. I value that, and for many of us we value that aspect of Bubhub in the absence of IRL opportunities.

Sometimes it's a way to seek reassurance after hours, or gain confidence in our instinct that something's not right. Some of us have many, many experiences of doctors not listening to our concerns, or dismissing us, and we want to gain some confidence that an issue isn't all in our head.

Others, like yourself, @J37, but also many many professionals on here may have some subject specific knowledge that can be a helpful starting point when we don't know where to start.
    Thank you @harvs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default At what age?

Time to get a new doctor SAgirl. One that listens to you. Having one you hate and gives advice that doesn't sit well with your parenting isn't doing anyone any good. You need to have some trust in your GP. I hope there are a few others in town you could try. Glad your boy is fine.
    Last edited by lilypily; 21-12-2015 at 06:53.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Time to get a new doctor SAgirl. One that listens to you. Having one you hate and gives advice that doesn't sit well with your parenting isn't doing anyone any good. You need to have some trust in your GP. I hope there are a few others in town you could try. Glad your boy is fine.
    Just to clarify, we ended up seeing the junior doctor in our doctors surgery purely because no one else was available at short notice. I normally don't see her and it's only the 2nd time I've had to. When she said she was going to call in another doctor to help answer our questions, I had no idea who she was going to call. There are at least 20 doctors at the surgery that we go to and there are about 4/5 good ones who I trust and I normally request, but at short notice, we are left seeing the ones we don't want to see unfortunately

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Just to clarify, we ended up seeing the junior doctor in our doctors surgery purely because no one else was available at short notice. I normally don't see her and it's only the 2nd time I've had to. When she said she was going to call in another doctor to help answer our questions, I had no idea who she was going to call. There are at least 20 doctors at the surgery that we go to and there are about 4/5 good ones who I trust and I normally request, but at short notice, we are left seeing the ones we don't want to see unfortunately
    I agree with @LilyPilly you need a new Doctor. With the figures you have given above there is only a 20-25% chance you are going to get a GP you trust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
    I agree with @LilyPilly you need a new Doctor. With the figures you have given above there is only a 20-25% chance you are going to get a GP you trust.
    She can call and make an appointment in advance with her preferred dr, it's just last minute appointments where she doesn't have a choice--which I would assume is the same at any surgery, it has been at all of mine.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (21-12-2015),SAgirl  (22-12-2015)