+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dad to be...

Hi all, my name is Scott. I'm 37 from Brisbane and expecting bub March 29th 2016.
    I've recently got back together with my partner (Mother of bub) after being in a long term relationship then off a 6 month breakup. I've got a 10 year old daughter, and 2 and a half year old son (different mothers), both of whom I have limited care of.
    Since finding out we were expecting back in July, I've been 100% committed to being as supportive as possible throughout the pregnancy, however we've been through a rocky time up until late November and are now back together and rebuilding things.
    As I've already got 2 children I have limited care of, I'm super determined to not go down that path with my partner and our child and really want to get my priorities right and be settled as a family. I guess I'm just a bit scared and fear failure or a similar scenario which I absolutely don't want as my partner is the true love of my life and I want our family and everything involved with a family lifestyle to work out. My partner also has kids of her own that I adore and treat like my own and don't want the excitement of a newborn to overshadow her kids or appear like there's any favouritism etc as that would never be the case.
    Anyone who shares a similar situation or can relate to this, any advice or feedback would be much appreciated and I'd be most happy to listen and chat. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't give you and advise, but I think what you're doing is wonderful. Good luck for the future, I'm sure there will be plenty of support from the right people on here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you
    I've never been more determined to get priorities right, get settled and be the best father and family man I possibly can be. I'm also just as excited, about the pending birth of my daughter in March, as I was 10 years ago with my first girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Good for you mate!

Step one - read all the books. Be informed, go to the appointments, be involved!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

djscott13  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    women are so vulnerable during pregnancy, they have to be sure nothing endagers their life (money issues, health) and that is what the man is for. http://motherhow.com/how-to-love-you...-pregnant-man/ so love you wife and participate the way she expects. we, women, all expect the same

7. The Following User Says Thank You to masha For This Useful Post:

djscott13  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. Read a tonne of books. Be there at every appointment if possible. Be there to hear her complain about every ache, remind her she is a golden goddess.
    As for the kids, I am not sure how much older they maybe, but again find kids books about expecting and babies, there are some good ones out there.
    Get them to help with things like the baby shower and let them help with making little decisions. Inclusion is a good way to show that you value them just as much as the new baby.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

djscott13  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How it all goes well mate! There is a gorgeous little book called "There's a house inside my mummy" which I bought for my older boy when I was pregnant. He was three when bub was born but is nearly 5 now and still loves reading it.
    Also my husband loved the pregnancy book "being dad". Even I found it was more informative and interesting and funny than the ones I was supposed to read. It's split in his and hers sections so you can read the same information in a relatable way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

djscott13  (17-12-2015)