+ Reply to Thread

Default Vax catch up schedule from health services

I took my 3.5 year old to the GP as he has only had 1/2 of the vaccines on the schedule. The Dr said she won't make up a catch up schedule for him but rather send a request from NSW Heath services to create a catch up schedule for him and that it will only take about 2 days for then to do this.

has anyone had it done this way before. he is now too old to have the rotavirus and the birth help B so will they just medically exempt him?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure about rotavirus but when I moved to Australia from the uk my ds1 who was just over 1 had a few catch up vaxs including the hep b as it's not done routinely in uk. It involved 3 injections over about 5 months I think. I don't think there's a cut off age where it's not effective whereas with the rotavirus maybe there is? (With the rotavirus I think there is an issue with the risk of intusuception if the vaccine is given too late).

Similar Threads

1. Getting on a schedule. Maintaining Sanity
    By jessielbuehring in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-09-2015, 20:58
  2. Do you have a cleaning schedule?
    By bigZ in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 10:29