+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, because she was a single mum.
    I'm flat out most days looking after three kids aged 5 and under but at least DH is around to share the load.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, I'm way too lazy to be busier than anyone!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At this stage of my life with two children within two years, plus working part time, I think I'm definitely busier. I think as I get older, when my children are in high school the roles will reverse. She was working full time, far away and a single mum. I think I'll still be working part time, close to home with the support of DH.
    I do think that life is much more stressful these days so therefore, seems busier. I don't know if it's all relative but gosh, we are always on the go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Absolutely I am busier than my Mum was! She was a single parent, she was a stay at home Mum, she had 1 child for 12 years (me) before having my sister, and by then I was contributing/was independent. And neither myself or my sister had any extra-curricular activities.

I may be married, but I have 4 children only ~2 years apart, which instantly creates more work within the home with all the housework required. I am a stay at home Mum, but I also started studying full time when my youngest was 1yo, and my children do after school and weekend activities. And we are generally more 'out and about' doing family activities more than my Mum ever did with me/my sister.

So yes, I do deem myself busier than my Mum ever was when directly comparing us, because even though being a single parent is very hard and taxing on any mother, but 2 people for 12 years does not a busy household make! And frankly, the household didn't becoming busier with the addition of my sister, either, given I pitched in.
    Last edited by Lillynix; 16-12-2015 at 14:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmm my mum was a single mum of 3. And worked several jobs to keep our place afloat. And wad very active in everything school related.
    I am a married stay at home parent of 2 boys with autism, who does the odd up to date class on different areas on raising kids with autism. The DH and I havent been alone in over a year.
    I don't think I am as busy as my mum was. But my Mum thinks I am a superhero or something. (Totally a 'my mum thinks I am cool' thing)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No not at all. Probably quite equal. Both partnered, both worked full time outside the home, both have partners who participate equally at home and with Bub. Our business levels were probably quite similar

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got as far as redcreaming sodas response. I agree with that

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we were about the same. my mum had 3 kids was a stay at home mum until my little sister started school but always volunteered at the pre school or was canteen manager at the primary school as well as working nights.
    I've got 4 kids one with special needs I do part time flexible work and also do the book work for our business but do very little school volunteering (which I plan to change when my youngest grows up).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep without doubt I'm busier. Although she did work outside the house and I don't I still believe I'm busier than she would have been.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum was a SAHM with 4 kids. When my siblings were younger, dad was establishing a business so was working crazy goes so mum did all of the house keeping stuff and child rearing herself. My sister was quite sick as a child so that kept mum really busy. However, mum had more of a village than me. She had 4 sisters and her mum nearby who would watch each other's children without hesitation.

I work outside of the home 4 days per week, have to fit in extra-curricular activities, groceries and cleaning the house on my day off, then family time on weekends. My sisters can't / won't watch my daughter but we do have both sets of our parents who can look after her for us.

I think mine and mums lives are different with our own circumstances so it is hard to say. My life is certainly less flexible than hers.