+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am currently 16 weeks and have lost 9kg. I'm overweight and my ob is happy with this. Our goal is for my weight to remain the same or less as pre pregnancy. I haven't really tried to loose weight while I haven't been sick I haven't really felt like eating. Our bub is growing well so I guess that is also a consideration.

I think the recommended weight gain for obese women is 5-9kg so once you factor in a 3kg bub plus placenta and amniotic fluid you are pretty much only gaining bub + a couple kgs if not loosing a little.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I lost weight during my first.
    Started at 89kg and after having him I was 76kg.
    Same this time weight has creeped back up to 89kg so I'm hoping it's the same.
    My ob/gyn in first pregnancy wanted me to loose 20kg while pregnant. I stopped seeing him after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I haven't personally, but a good friend of mine was overweight when she fell pregnant, and managed to not gain weight rather than losing it, as such. Technically she probably lost weight as the baby, placenta, blood, cord etc all add weight so it kind of evened out. She just stuck to a really healthy diet, cut out all junk/treats and did plenty of easy/moderate exercise like walking and swimming.
    This.

I would focus on maintaining weight - you may lose a few kg inadvertently with morning sickness etc, but I wouldn't go doing any sort of crazy diet or exercise plans.

Baby + placenta + amniotic fluid + extra blood volume can easily equal 8-9kg, so maintaining your weight during pregnancy will turn into a weight loss once bub is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 104 kg when I fell pregnant. I am now 13 weeks pregnant. I had my first OB appt a few weeks ago and he recommended that I only put on 5 kgs during pregnancy. He referred me to a dietician who basically just put me on a clean eating diet with minimal carbs....It's hard work especially at this time of year but I have to keep reminding myself that me and bubs will both be better off in the end

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou for all of your advice. It's very early days here but I think my best plan is just to eat healthy! As I'm not particularly good at that ATM. Not limiting myself if I'm hungry but staying away from awful foods. I don't have my first obstetrician appointment until the start of fen so I hope when they weigh me I'm not too disgusted.
    Unfortunately I found when breast feeding my son that I didn't lose weight as I was so hungry ALL the time! Therefore I want to do something now. I would also like to increase my fitness before enduring labour again.
    After I stopped bf my son I lost 10kg 'easily' by going to a pt. I'm starting with her again tomorrow but am only able to do this over the summer as I work full time in a town where there is no facilities like that. I'm hoping it will be a good kickstart for me though!