Closed Thread
Page 81 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I'm on the OCP until 20/01/16, then I have to wait for AF to arrive. I start Clomid and Gonal-F on 25/01/16 - the Clomid for 5 days and the Gonal-F for 10 days. Then we scan and see how effective it's been.

Blossom
    I start stimms tomorrow for 10 days - 300 menopur up from 225 previous cycles . On 225 gonal f I had 19 eggs retrieved , 17 mature and then on 225 menopur got 13 eggs 11 mature so this time the fs said to go up to 300 just to " push a bit harder on the numbers game". Bit nervous though that I'll just get a bigger number of crap eggs

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Blossom74  (01-01-2016),Precious40  (01-01-2016),Summer  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    I start stimms tomorrow for 10 days - 300 menopur up from 225 previous cycles . On 225 gonal f I had 19 eggs retrieved , 17 mature and then on 225 menopur got 13 eggs 11 mature so this time the fs said to go up to 300 just to " push a bit harder on the numbers game". Bit nervous though that I'll just get a bigger number of crap eggs

Am I right in thinking you didn't have very good fertility rates love? Oh, I really hope that turns around for you.

I've never used Menopur. I usually do Gonal-F in conjunction with Clomid, but my first cycle (the crap one) was with Luveris and Synarol.

Blossom

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am I right in thinking you didn't have very good fertility rates love? Oh, I really hope that turns around for you.

I've never used Menopur. I usually do Gonal-F in conjunction with Clomid, but my first cycle (the crap one) was with Luveris and Synarol.

Blossom
    @Blossom74 -my fertilisation rates were pretty poor even using HA ICSI - first round 7 from 17 and second 6 from 11 - apparently it's due to my crappy eggs rather than sperm quality as all tests for that have been normal

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Blossom74  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovlies ... Wishing you all a happy new year . May 2016 bring happiness and positive news on this thread for everyone...

Sorry I have been away.. Was trying to pick myself up after my bfn. I am feeling a bit better after the break . Waiting for our pgd results . In the meanwhile have booked an appt with LB and Wazza. Sorry I havnt been able to read all posts , but best of luck to everyone who are going to cycle soon. Good luck Precious 40 for your BT and Bongley ... Yay !!!!!! For the excellent numbers. A big hello to everyone.. Will keep myself updated from now on ...

Afm

while we are waiting for our pgd results, I was researching abt surrogacy and egg donation ( even though I don't have any known egg issues )as we have done 14 cycles ( 7 fresh and 7 frozen), have transferred pgd normal blasts twice , have also done the immune protocol ... But no result. Plus I between my IVF journey, as I mentioned earlier, I had a major brain surgery in 2010 and we took a break for 2 years, but continued after that...so we came across a egg donation plus surrogacy package in Ukraine. It's for 30,000 Euros , guaranteed package ( if the surrogate doesn't get pregnant with de and DH sperm, they will do it again in the same price ).

I know it's expensive , but the clinic seems reputable, u don't have to pay all the money upfront and it's totally legal. But still I am very skeptical abt Ukraine as I don't know anyone who has had treatment from there... I am researching on the net as much as I can, but does anyone have any kind of knowledge abt that country or knows anyone who has done that, please let me know...... We have been in this journey for 10 years now. I just need to be a mother. The genetics don't matter for us now. If I do only egg donation , that doesn't solve our problem as I have Immune issues plus DQ alpha match with DH and we were thinking of transferring our embryos to Ukraine and have them transferred to a surrogate, but it's very expensive with low success rates.

I was planning if we can have one baby that way, and in the meanwhile I can keep trying with my own embryos plus immune protocols plus LIT treatment plus whatever the docs say, atleast the failures won't put me down that much and something positive would also be happening at the same time. And if I also end up being pregnant, then we would really welcome and love to have two babies....

Girls ... I don't know what I a thinking is right or not, but I am tired of the repeated failures plus my ongoing health problems, so I was trying to think out of the box and find a solution for my happiness... What are your thoughts on this ?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Blossom74  (01-01-2016),Precious40  (03-01-2016),Summer  (02-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @greenlady, how did those embies go once fertilised? Did they make if to freeze stage hon?
    @sue, I think follow your heart. If you think it's legit and the right move for you, maybe have a chat to your FS about it and see if he/she has any knowledge on it?

Blossom

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Precious40  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK, weird food question for you all....

The past few days I have been very odd with my food choices. As an example, DH and I were down the street yesterday and I said "I really feel like rissoles for tea." We bought them, but by the time we got them home I was like "I can't bare the thought of eating those! Get them away from me!" We cooked them up tonight and DH ate them, but I still couldn't face them. What did I want? A tuna salad and some Nutrigrain. WTF?!

I've also gone off eggs completely. I used to have 2 eggs on toast for breakfast every. single. day. Now I want nothing to do with them. I'm craving cheese. And I'm bl@@dy dairy intollerant, lol! If I think about the foods I really don't want to eat anymore I actually get nauseous. I am generally less hungry than normal. What the heck is going on with me?

I'm wondering if this could be related to the OCP I started a few days ago? Any thoughts? Anyone?

And no, I'm not pregnant, lol

Blossom
    Last edited by Blossom74; 01-01-2016 at 17:47.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 i agree with blossom yoyr heart will guide you on the path to follow. If the ukraine is the best option then i reckon go for it.

Is there any info on the clinic on fertility friends the uk based forum? A lot of uk people head to the eu for egg donation.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Blossom74 and Midnite 01. .. yes I will ask LB and Wazza if they have any information .. plus try to search the UK forum..... girls who have done de cycles .... does your clinic show u pics of donors or just tell u the statistics .. eh hair and eye color ... I m asking because me and dh both have black eyes and black hair .. so do u think we should be able to find a donor with black eyes and hair ? Sorry I m v new to all this .... TIA

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Blossom74  (02-01-2016),Precious40  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 it sounds like you've been doing a lot of thinking and researching. I'd be going with my heart, but also checking with an experienced Australian lawyer to ensure your bases are covered. After all you've been through you don't need any more heartbreak. If you haven't already I'd also research the government sites here and in the surragate's country, just thinking with the changes in Thai laws/baby Gammy. I worked with a homosexual guy and he and his partner had had a daughter via surrogacy and was a good experience, so it is possible. I've lost touch with him, but maybe some of the forums for same-sex couples seeking to be parents might have some info? There was also an Insight episode on surrogacy that should be on the SBS archives. I think a lot of Australians were going to India. I would be worried about the current political unrest in Ukraine to be honest.

I'm sorry, have you seen Wazza yet, or is that booked? He seems so knowledgable and he really understands our yearning for being parents, and I'd guess that he has had patients use surrogates or would know of clinics? From what I hear LB isn't quite as empathic, hence suggestion of WDA.

Also when counting your own cycles were you happy with the FS? Have you had multiple FSs? We don't count the cycles with our FS#1 as they had zip chance - so we now see it that we've just done the two cycles with Wazza. It doesn't take away the heartache, frustration and cost of the earlier cycles, but helped us work out where to go next.

It is good to have a plan!
    Last edited by Gagingi; 01-01-2016 at 22:31.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (01-01-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Blossom74  (02-01-2016),Precious40  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK, weird food question for you all....Blossom
    @Blossom74 I'd say it's OCP. If you were craving healthy I'd suggest post-Christmas correction, but your cravings sound unusual.

I find Cetrotide totally puts me off food (works better than Duromine) to the point that I can get unwell. If it doesn't correct pre-stimming I'd use a food diary when stimming (I like MyFitnessPal) to make sure you are getting enough calories/protein. I also keep protein shakes and bars and Sustagen in the house for times I'm not up to real food for stimming and post EPU OHSS watch.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-01-2016),Blossom74  (02-01-2016),Precious40  (03-01-2016)