Closed Thread
Page 80 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Happy new year everyone! I participated in my SIL's nye tradition of jumping in the pool at midnight - boy was it chilly!

My ny resolution is to try and stress less! I worry about everything😔

Congrats @Bongley that's great numbers! Here are my numbers (I still had two going at this stage, second one stopped after the last bt)

16dpo
    Hcg 975
    P4 153

27dpo
    Hcg 38,413
    P4 157

7 weeks
    Hcg 113,000

Someone was talking (pages back) about the standard 12 week test. I was told the scan there measured/checked physical growth measurements that nipt bt's can't capture. They measure the nuchal fold and put that with the bt to determine the trisomy risks. But also look for nasal bone measurement skull measurements etc.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Blossom74  (01-01-2016),Bongley  (01-01-2016),Precious40  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    This is interesting ladies. My first cycle I was on 400 of Gonal-F. Got 1 follie. Second cycle I was on 450 of Gonal F and we got 3. This cycle, my FS said "Maybe less is more with you" and prescribed only 200 of Gonal F (along with the Clomid which I also take.) I wonder if reducing the drugs might bring more follies out of the wood work....?

Blossom
    You won't know until you try Luv😊

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Happy New Year to everyone!

Fantastic news on the numbers @Bongley - that sounds like a very sticky little bubba for sure! What a great way to bring in the new year!

Sorry I haven't done many personals the last week or two, been kind of swamped with trying to figure out how to move my business forward in the new year and have also been a bit down wondering if I've done everything possible to have a baby with my own eggs. Although I had most of the tests for immune issues and clotting factors which all came back negative, I haven't done things like HLA matches or had a uterine biopsy for NKC etc. But then again I've done several cycles and only gotten one egg (and decided against EPU), so I guess I haven't really had much to work with. If I was getting a few embies per cycle and they weren't implanting then I guess I'd be investigating everything under the sun... I just wish I'd had the chance to try the aspirin / clexane / prednisone protocol on my last pregnancy to see if that would have prevented a miscarriage... It's hard to know what to do next.

Seeing as I'm almost 45 I think I might book into the FS and get a cycle underway mid-January and see if I produce more than one follie seeing as I've now had six months off the meds and have somewhat recovered from the horrendous side effects that I went through. I figure I've been through the worst so one low dose cycle is likely to be a lot kinder to me than taking the whole kitchen sink that I was on before. Anyway, that's the way I'm thinking now, and then I'll know pretty quickly if there's still only one egg being produced and can then move to DE.

My new years wish is to start bringing some more fun into my life. All I seem to do is wallow in depression over not having a baby, or I'm working to try and get myself out of the financial hole I've gotten myself in - so doing things that I enjoy are going to feature a lot more this year. I often put myself last and I think it's time I took care of my inner child and had some fun
    @Summer your last paragraph reminded me of a phrase I once heard at a International Women's Day function. Its called a "crappy chop" syndrome. You always serve yourself the "crappy chop", and how we need to share the "crappy chop" round to others. If we always serve it to ourselves we cant complain about it can we. I loved that analogy as its exactly what I do. I always get the small steak, the split sausage or crappy chop..

2016 the year of the best chop!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Blossom74  (01-01-2016),Bongley  (01-01-2016),Caesardust  (01-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (01-01-2016),Petal40  (01-01-2016),Precious40  (01-01-2016),Summer  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    @Summer your last paragraph reminded me of a phrase I once heard at a International Women's Day function. Its called a "crappy chop" syndrome. You always serve yourself the "crappy chop", and how we need to share the "crappy chop" round to others. If we always serve it to ourselves we cant complain about it can we. I loved that analogy as its exactly what I do. I always get the small steak, the split sausage or crappy chop..

2016 the year of the best chop!
    I learnt to serve myself the crappy chop from my mum as that is what she does. I always chuckle when my DH serves something (usually what I've prepared) and he'll automatically take the best chop, cake etc! He always looks so perplexed when I say that the server is supposed to give themselves the worst serve. Why do we women do this to ourselves?!?

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (01-01-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Blossom74  (01-01-2016),Caesardust  (01-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (01-01-2016),Precious40  (01-01-2016),Summer  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is interesting ladies. My first cycle I was on 400 of Gonal-F. Got 1 follie. Second cycle I was on 450 of Gonal F and we got 3. This cycle, my FS said "Maybe less is more with you" and prescribed only 200 of Gonal F (along with the Clomid which I also take.) I wonder if reducing the drugs might bring more follies out of the wood work....?

Blossom
    It's a dilemma that's currently occupying a lot of my thinking. FS#1 was of the opinion that over 300 can reduce quality. FS#2 doesn't agree and we appear to have gotten better embies with him, but that might also be the other meds. FS#2 uses a combo of Gonal-F and Menopur, plus splits dose into AM and PM (which I think makes sense as it is usually better to have a steadier level of any medication in the body, rather than surging) and we've used GH, DHEA etc etc. With #1 225 I got 4 eggs/1 fertalised, with 300 got 10 and 14 with 1 embie transfered (FS#1 would only do SET and others weren't freeze worthy), with 450 got 21 eggs with 1 blast (no PICSI) and then 600 (with PICSI) got 14 eggs/3 blasts (incl 2 normals), but we only PGDed the last cycle.

I also wonder with the "numbers game" if that is number of eggs, including mature and immature, only mature, or only those that fertalise... e.g. in terms of % that are hopefully chromosomally okay.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Blossom74  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40#23

@Gagingi, I had a cycle with the gonal-f and menopur combo and didn't see better results, in fact I was not happy with that cycle, but I can't remember why, and from then on we only used Gonal. I also went to larger and larger doses of gonal-f but my results didn't improve. It's hard to know if it was the drugs or the fact that I was getting closer and closer to 42.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Blossom74  (01-01-2016),Gagingi  (01-01-2016),Precious40  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    @Gagingi, I had a cycle with the gonal-f and menopur combo and didn't see better results, in fact I was not happy with that cycle, but I can't remember why, and from then on we only used Gonal. I also went to larger and larger doses of gonal-f but my results didn't improve. It's hard to know if it was the drugs or the fact that I was getting closer and closer to 42.
    It's confusing. Cycle #2 was my worst in terms of quality and then our last cycle seems to have been our best, when 43 is but a few months away. FS#1 just had me on Crinone as support so that might not have helped either. I asked about just being on Menopur last cycle, but Wazza vetoed that. It might be that the other drugs have kicked in and 450 will be the charm. I probably just have to go with it and then revisit if needs be for the next cycle. It's just such a stressful and expensive experiment!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Blossom74  (01-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    You won't know until you try Luv������

Indeed. And being that the FS said I could cancel the cycle without penalty (well, I'd have to buy the drugs again, but what's $120 in the grand scheme of things?) I feel like I have nothing to lose.

If the lower doses don't work we can always go back to high doses again.

Blossom

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Bongley  (01-01-2016),Gagingi  (01-01-2016),Petal40  (01-01-2016),Precious40  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Indeed. And being that the FS said I could cancel the cycle without penalty (well, I'd have to buy the drugs again, but what's $120 in the grand scheme of things?) I feel like I have nothing to lose.

If the lower doses don't work we can always go back to high doses again.

Blossom

I'm going to try a low dose cycle as well @Blossom74, and I'm going to see if I can get going mid-January as AF is due on the 14th of Jan and I can't see any reason why I couldn't get going right away.

Previously I did cycles of 600 split into 300 morning and night and alternating days of Puregon and Menopur and only ever had one follicle coming up to EPU. I have heard of ladies who don't do well on higher doses and that lower doses actually get better results for them, so I'm hoping I'm one of those. If we got to three or four follies and went to EPU, then that would be more than I've ever had before, I think my new FS was thinking of doses of 225 to see what happens. When would you be cycling?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Blossom74  (01-01-2016),Gagingi  (01-01-2016),Precious40  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I'm going to try a low dose cycle as well @Blossom74, and I'm going to see if I can get going mid-January as AF is due on the 14th of Jan and I can't see any reason why I couldn't get going right away.

Previously I did cycles of 600 split into 300 morning and night and alternating days of Puregon and Menopur and only ever had one follicle coming up to EPU. I have heard of ladies who don't do well on higher doses and that lower doses actually get better results for them, so I'm hoping I'm one of those. If we got to three or four follies and went to EPU, then that would be more than I've ever had before, I think my new FS was thinking of doses of 225 to see what happens. When would you be cycling?

I'm on the OCP until 20/01/16, then I have to wait for AF to arrive. I start Clomid and Gonal-F on 25/01/16 - the Clomid for 5 days and the Gonal-F for 10 days. Then we scan and see how effective it's been.

Blossom

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-01-2016),Petal40  (01-01-2016),Precious40  (01-01-2016),Summer  (01-01-2016)