Closed Thread
Page 52 of 173 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Bongley Fantastic news that your line has stayed beautifully dark, yay!! I have to say I'm utterly confused about embryo 4. Where has embryo 4 been hiding out all this time? I'm guessing in the freezer? Beyond my confusion, this is utterly amazing news. Wow, you're on a winning streak. I'd be buying a lotto ticket. Good luck coming in 3s and all that. Unless of course Incy has company....that would make up your 3 pieces of good fortune!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Chiefsgirl  (24-12-2015),Gagingi  (24-12-2015),Precious40  (23-12-2015),Summer  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley Great news about the fourth embryo xx. How long have they been looking at it and where has it been? Curious
    Cant wait to hear your numbers tomorrow. Looking forward to it xx

Just a question to anyone who has had a hrt FET. I've been on progynova for the last three weeks and since trigger Sunday (double pessies) I've been feeling like af is on her way. I'm still on progynova and 400mg pessies twice a day. Is this normal? The pessies playing tricks on me? I've alway felt this way during the 2WW. Not before. But I've never done a FET before either. Just a bit confused

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Caesardust that was my last protocol too I hope it really works for you.

Gals, everything is good here, line is still nice and dark and I have my blood test tomorrow.

More surprises though, I got a message from the embryologists today, so feeling a bit perplexed I called them back and (to recap) I had 4 blastocysts tested, 1 was abnormal. Well, now it isn't! I didn't quite understand the explanation other than through 'quality control' they discovered this one was possibly normal after all. So we have one in the freezer! If we do decide to transfer then we would have to get all the genetic testing later on.
    @Charlie74 so glad the little bub is pulling through, how frightening hope you see Wazza before sept!

Good luck everyone and have a great Christmas

Yippee!!! On the darkening line Luv!!😊👍

Run that by me again about emby number 4??? WTF???😁

Yeah....that's truly bizarre Luv...but hey, you got a "Bonus Emby" in the freezer now so thank-you very much to the "Quality Control Santa" in the lab!!!😁👍

Good Luck with BT in the morn... Can't wait to hear what your levels are!!!😊

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Gagingi  (24-12-2015),Precious40  (24-12-2015),Tahli  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck for the numbers tomm Bongley and thanks for the info re surrogacy .. will see if I can find something over there..

Charlie 74 .. thank God your niece is getting better ...

Blossom74 .. sorry to hear that your sister said no. I know it's a hard one to take .. but I m sure something alternative will solve the problem

Caseardust .. good luck hun for a sticky bfp.

Thanks Blondeinbrisvegas for writing the personal post as always. And trying to investigate abt the surrogacy options for us. If we get the pgd normals .. I m so scared to transfer in my uterus as u know how difficult it already is to achieve them.... I really wish we find someone. .. I m spreading the word around ..... While I was researching .. I came across surrogacy and de options in The Republic of Georgia .. The websites had a lot of info.. but it's so hard to trust sometimes.. Have you or anyone else heard or had any direct /indirect experiences with that country?

Chiefsgirl thanks for your post .. Dr M didn't suggest any testing of that sort.. do u need to ask him for that ? Is it expensive? He check me for NK cells CD 56 etc.. then NL diagnosed us with partial dq alpha match.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering how many of you lovelies have to depend on antidepressants in these trying times .

I m on a very minimal dose of Zoloft. .. any others which seem to work better with people? Thanks

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Precious40  (24-12-2015),Summer  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    I was wondering how many of you lovelies have to depend on antidepressants in these trying times .

I m on a very minimal dose of Zoloft. .. any others which seem to work better with people? Thanks
    Firstly Luv...I have clinical depression & anxiety (diagnosed when I was 23) so need to take antidepressants long term.

Anyhoo...if the Zoloft isn't helping, your treating doctor may increase the dosage slightly as a first port of call to see if that helps. In saying that..Zoloft is an old fashioned kind of antidepressent that's been around for decades.

I tried quite a few before I found which one's worked best. I recommend Effexor-Xr (slow release capsule) or Cymbalta as that's got a built in anti anxiety in the medication too as long as there's no contraindication with other medication/supplements etc you might be taking.

I don't know anything about the Georgia surrogacy personally Luv. Why don't you call up Wazza's rooms or email the FN/Admin & ask Wazza who he recommends??

I expect he'll know of at least one reputable organisation?? I remember you saying that he didn't feel you needed to go down that path at your consult, nevertheless, I know he'll be happy to help if he can.

Big (((Hugs))) to you Luv. I'm sorry things are so tough for you right now. Hoping the right dosage/medication will help get you 100% fighting fit again asapxoxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 24-12-2015 at 00:16.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Precious40  (24-12-2015),Summer  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post

Oh @Sue77 it's such a tough time. Negative outcomes with anything are difficult and with IVF it's worse as it's such an important life event which is emotionally, physically and financially challenging - and then there are the hormones! I also find it isolating as it's such a focus for me and with the best of intentions so many people don't get it and say stupid things and I withdraw.

With my second last cycle I became toxic (as diagnosed by my doctor) from all the medication halfway through the TWT and became very depressed. We discussed antidepressants, but he didn't want to add more drugs due to the toxicity and basically he told me to let myself wallow and be gentle on myself until the drugs were out of my system. When I got that BFN I moved to planning the next cycle (back-to-back) as a way to cope and whilst I was still down it was manageable. So far after this BFN I've been okay, probably because I've booked my next cycle and our last cycle was our best to date. Now it's organised I might not go do well, but as we're on holidays I'm forcing myself to see friends, go to movies etc.

I'm worried about you. How depressed are you? Do you have a GP or psychologist you can talk to? Some sadness and grief are normal under the circumstances, but you don't want to go too low as it's so hard to come back. Is DH aware of how you are coping - and how is he coping? Are you up for socializing and doing some pleasant activities - even if they are not so fun right now?

Back to your question... A friend of mine had depression when TTC/IVF and into early pregnancy. As she was TTC her psychiatrist wanted her on an antidepressant that was safe if she conceived, as whilst pregnancy was her goal, the stress, hormones etc mean that for some women the depression hangs around even though they have got their BFP and as we know, the first trimester has its challenges too. She is a pharmacist and rang poison info to find out the safest options - I think there were only a couple that were safe, but I also think Zoloft was one of them. You'd probably want to double check that's current? Maybe you need a higher dose of Zoloft? Has it worked for you before? I'm pretty sure there was another option though as well if Zoloft is not for you. Your pharmacist might be able to ring for you?

Thinking of you.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Precious40  (24-12-2015),Summer  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 dr m is such a softie he doesn't like to order tests that cost a bomb as he knows how much we spend in this process. I would lay it all out on the line, say these normal embies are too precious to waste on 'soft' protocols and to test out if that will work out.

Before my de transfer I asked for more testing as I didn't want to waste them, we did the hla testing and found matches. I did the lit and took neupogen and bam I'm pregnant. Now in my case my eggs were bad too, so the de def helped, but I'm glad I insisted on further testing.

Sorry I don't know anything about anti depressants. I listened to ALOT of meditation tracks though to help me stay calm. Worked a treat for me.

I'm in NZ for the next 10 days so will be online sporadically, have a wonderful Christmas and new year ladies. Xxx

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Gagingi  (24-12-2015),Precious40  (24-12-2015),Summer  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl I have my first phone consult with Dr M on 30 Dec. I don't want to waste the apt but have no idea what to ask him. I presume he leads the conversation based on the form I return to him. Is there anything you'd advise asking about or getting tested? Obv as a single woman there's no partner testing/compatibility issues that can be tested for. I just want 'everything' else investigated so I don't waste my last 3 embryos. I want a 'go hard or go home' approach! Any advice? Enjoy NZ!!
    @Bongley I can't wait to hear what your beta number is today! Were you game and DTD around trigger too? That was a mighty strong line for 12dpo!!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Bongley  (24-12-2015),Summer  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Bongley I can't wait to hear what your beta number is today! Were you game and DTD around trigger too? That was a mighty strong line for 12dpo!!
    @Tahli we did! Erk, I am putting it down to the fact that it was a fully hatched blast so probably implanted early. Unless they call super early I think I'll be on the plane when they call with my results........

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (24-12-2015),Precious40  (24-12-2015),Summer  (24-12-2015)