Closed Thread
Page 50 of 161 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tahli, congrats on getting an early appointment, hopefully you will be able to get onto any testing etc quickly after that

@Precious40. WOW! I can't believe all 12 fertilised! That is just amazeballs. Fingers crossed they all survive the next few days as well

AFM, I'm off on my last business trip of the year tomorrow but I'll be back Thursday evening to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Hugs to all,

Blossom

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-12-2015),Petal40  (23-12-2015),Precious40  (22-12-2015),Tahli  (23-12-2015),winsor  (22-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Tahli I understand. Our son has always asked for a sibling. We started for one when he was 18mths old. He is now 8. As they get older they stop asking. But it was so hard when he was younger. He now calls our french bulldog puppy his sister. Which we all laugh at. The mums at school ask if we have any other kids.. They soon click its NOT a choice. No family have any idea we are actively trying AC. I dream of the day to tell our son the good news. Who'd of thought about a 10yr gap was for us? Hopefully anyway! Of all the people in the world, he is the one we are doing this for. I am the eldest of 5 kids, so I know what he is missing. But, I can see what he has that I could only dream of. Every one if his friends that come over are wide-eyed at what our son has. But, he'd swap it for a brother or sister I know for sure.

We will get there.
    We all will.
    We have to.
    I cannot see an alternative.
    Too damned stubborn to wave a white flag.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Bongley  (22-12-2015),Chiefsgirl  (22-12-2015),Gagingi  (23-12-2015),Precious40  (22-12-2015),Tahli  (23-12-2015),winsor  (22-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gagini - What did Wazza say about duromine?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to princessrory For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Thanks @BlondeinBrisvegas. I appreciate that it's DS's immature way of expressing his disappointment but my god it cuts close to the bone. It's esp important to him for Mummy to make him a family when his has fallen apart this year, with me leaving his Dad. He said he doesn't feel like he's part of a family but having brothers and sisters would make him feel like he is part of one. All of his friends have siblings so that's what a family looks like to him. Bless him.
    I've just got a confirmed phone apt time with Dr M for 30 Dec.
    Poor little tyke!!😦 How old is he now Luv??

Oooh.....good shiz r.e the earlier appoint with Dr M!!!😊👍

Can he request the procedures you need done?? Hoping you might be able to speed up the process if he can😊👍

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Tahli  (23-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    @Tahli, congrats on getting an early appointment, hopefully you will be able to get onto any testing etc quickly after that

@Precious40. WOW! I can't believe all 12 fertilised! That is just amazeballs. Fingers crossed they all survive the next few days as well

AFM, I'm off on my last business trip of the year tomorrow but I'll be back Thursday evening to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Hugs to all,

Blossom
    Have a good trip Luv!!!😊

Stay safe & we'll see you when you get home 👋 😊xo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    Thank you all you lovelies for your loving and supporting messages yesterday. .. I couldn't stop crying yesterday as we are not able to find any freaking reasons... Feeling very low but I guess it will go away with time... but now I m even more scared if we get normals in our pgd result .. I m even scared to transfer them inside me... have decided to give it a months break and see when we get the results....

Bongley heartiest congratulations. . U really deserved it hun

Faithshopeandlove praying that everything gets better very soon

Precious 40 great results . Good luck...

Does anyone know of any active surrogacy groups/forums in aus ? I sometimes think I am doing injustice to my embryos by transferring them inside me... so I start thinking on the surrogacy route. Any kind of help or advise would be really appreciated
    Big, BIG ((((Hugs))) for you Luv!!!😦

I can see why you feel the way you do right at this moment in time. The month's break sounds like it will give you & DH a bit of breathing space to decide where to go from here r.e the surrrogacy route.

I don't know of any Aussie forums myself though @Bongley has given you a good lead. I'll do a bit of research myself on God forbid....Google!!! & see what I can find out for you.

I'll also have a look on some other parenting forums that some of my other friends/family are members of & if I discover anything of interest I'll report back asapxoxo

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Gagingi  (23-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @JulieMalooley It sounds like you are worried about the lack of bonding, can you chat to someone about it? I remember my counselor telling me of women that had trouble bonding but it was more to do with the donor egg aspect. It's not a surprise that IVF screws us up a little (or even a lot...) I remember being so jealous of pregnant women....even after my son was born
    Congrats on your two little girls I don't think I knew the sex until tahli mentioned it
    No @Bongley I'm not overly concerned. When I feel more like it's actually going to happen and we start planning and buying stuff then it will start. That's just the kind of person I am. I've always been pessimistic as things always seem to go bad or I get let down so I mentally prepare in advance. Pretty screwed up but it seems to work for me. The donor aspect doesn't even cross my mind to be honest and doesn't even come into it. Yes it's probably two girls but I'm still hoping they are wrong as I'd like a little boy for DP, but for myself, I'd be happy with whatever they are. Two of the same sex is probably better for the kids as they would hopefully be closer.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Bongley  (23-12-2015),Chiefsgirl  (22-12-2015),Gagingi  (23-12-2015),Tahli  (23-12-2015),winsor  (22-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Poor little tyke!!😦 How old is he now Luv??

Oooh.....good shiz r.e the earlier appoint with Dr M!!!😊👍

Can he request the procedures you need done?? Hoping you might be able to speed up the process if he can😊👍
    Yes dr m can request the scans, he mentioned to me that it might be something that should be looked at. He is an obgyn as well as reproductive immune stuff

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Tahli  (23-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @Gagingi, I've said all year that I wouldn't ask my sister.. That I didn't want to put her in a position of having to say no. BUT... Since she's had the baby I've actually been rethinking it. I think if we decide were def doing DE I will ask her. With the understanding that under NO circumstances is she allowed to feel guilty if she says no. It would resolve so many issues that race around my head. It would mean the child would still be connected to its family and history. It might create another set of issues down the track (ie finding out ur auntie is ur biological mother), but we are very close, so would always be very involved in each other's lives.

Seeing my niece has def made me feel it's going to be important to at least ask my sister.
    @Charlie74 I hope my comment didn't bring up any previous hurts or tender spots. As I'm fairly new to this forum I wasn't aware that you'd previously discussed asking your sister. I sincerely hope I haven't stirred anything up for you.

I'm in a similar boat with a much younger half-sister who is an amazing (perfect) young women and we'd probably give up trying for OE if she agreed to be our donor, but I'm still too timid to ask. I don't want to put pressure on her. She is single, wants kids, and has PCOS. I'm hoping if we get to DE stage I can muster the courage to ask, or better still, if I float the idea she might volunteer (maybe she can bank some eggs). I've found when talking to her about IVF that she was much more well informed that I'd expected, really compassionate and very mature. I'd love the family resemblance and I'd love our bub to be able to know their biological heritage, but at the same time that would change our family dynamic forever. It's very hard.

Wazza gave us a news clipping recently about mums passing on DNA in utero which might be of interest to those considering DE and also those who have DE bubs and notice some resemblances to themselves. http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...y-Nick-Macklon. The peer-reviewed article can be found at:
    Vilella, F., Moreno-Moya, J. M., Balaguer, N., Grasso, A., Herrero, M., Martinez, S., ... & Simón, C. (2015). Hsa-miR-30d, secreted by the human endometrium, is taken up by the pre-implantation embryo and might modify its transcriptome. Development, 142(18), 3210-3221. (If you want to read it and cannot download the article please let me know, as I don't know how to attach a PDF here).

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Bongley  (23-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (23-12-2015),Tahli  (23-12-2015),winsor  (23-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Thanks @BlondeinBrisvegas. I appreciate that it's DS's immature way of expressing his disappointment but my god it cuts close to the bone. It's esp important to him for Mummy to make him a family when his has fallen apart this year, with me leaving his Dad. He said he doesn't feel like he's part of a family but having brothers and sisters would make him feel like he is part of one. All of his friends have siblings so that's what a family looks like to him. Bless him.
    I've just got a confirmed phone apt time with Dr M for 30 Dec.
    @Tahli, maybe explain that you think he is perfect and perfection takes time, so you want him to have an equally perfect sibling? Just a thought, poor darling (and by that I mean both of you).

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-12-2015),Blossom74  (24-12-2015),Chiefsgirl  (23-12-2015),MamaKes  (23-12-2015),Tahli  (23-12-2015)