Closed Thread
Page 32 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    Thank you so much Blondeinbrisvegas for your wishes and continously prayers ... will surely update u guyz as soon as I know.. getting ready now to leave for the bt .. Feeling v anxious ...

Good luck love. May the odds be forever in your favour

Blossom

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-12-2015),Bongley  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today @Sue77 xx
    fingers crossed @Bongley there's a more darker line tonight xx

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-12-2015),Blossom74  (21-12-2015),Bongley  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Was anyone else told "IVF is more likely to result in identical twins so we only transfer one"?
    My first clinic told me that. I have a friend who got her twins that way but she is the only one I have ever heard of. Wonder what the stats for that is. My accupuncturist told me of a clint with triplets from a TET (over 40) but that must be really rare!

Things are getting scary for us. Saw the OB after Nuchal scan came back as high risk and he explained our Downs risk ratio was 1:2. Shiiite. The other trisomys were not so bad 1: 58 and1:63. Don't want to tell family or friends until it's confirmed but felt like I needed to tell somebody. Hope it's ok to put it here.

Go Wazza! Wish we could clone him so we could all get a decent FS. Mine was an arrogant so and so.

I was never told directly about the 'twin risk' but I was aware of it from reading about it prior to my IVF journey starting. I think my FS deliberately steers me away from it because of other health issues - high blood pressure etc. Or perhaps he sees how fragile and anxious I am already and thinks two babies might push me over the edge! Either way, I was happy to take his advice to transfer one, and as it turned out my single transfer did give me a BFP. I wonder, would it have been different if I had transferred two to start with? Could the fresh emby I transferred in (and failed to implant) have affected the frozen emby which did implant? Who knows.

I'm really sorry to hear your test results love. It must be a very worrying time for you and DH. This is something I have done a lot of thinking about of late. We all know there are risks because of our age, but what would I do if I found myself in that boat? You never really think it will happen to you, do you? Of course, it's an entirely personal decision and if you do not want to discuss it that is just fine. Have you considered what you might do if further testing confirms the prediction of the tests? It must be so hard for you love, to work so hard for this and then have everything thrown up in the air at you. I will be thinking of you hon. I hope further testing turns things around for you

Blossom

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (21-12-2015),faithandhopellove  (21-12-2015),Gagingi  (21-12-2015),midnite01  (21-12-2015),Precious40  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Was anyone else told "IVF is more likely to result in identical twins so we only transfer one"?
    My first clinic told me that. I have a friend who got her twins that way but she is the only one I have ever heard of. Wonder what the stats for that is. My accupuncturist told me of a clint with triplets from a TET (over 40) but that must be really rare!

Things are getting scary for us. Saw the OB after Nuchal scan came back as high risk and he explained our Downs risk ratio was 1:2. Shiiite. The other trisomys were not so bad 1: 58 and1:63. Don't want to tell family or friends until it's confirmed but felt like I needed to tell somebody. Hope it's ok to put it here.

Go Wazza! Wish we could clone him so we could all get a decent FS. Mine was an arrogant so and so.
    Oh Luv....😦 (((hugs))) What an incredibly stressful time for you both.

What's your OB recommending?? NIPT testing or CVS/Amnio to know for certain?? I know you really don't want to go down that road.

If your risk factor is still only based on the BT results from the NT then you're still in with a good chance of a favourable outcome IMO.

Am sending out a prayer to the Universe that all will end up being ok for both bubs.

No...I was never told that r.e Identical twins. Yes...I knew there was a very minimal risk factor of twins but not particularly identical twins??? WTF???

Yes...triplets are even rarer but obviously do happen as evidenced by the client. ID twins could happen on a SET too but the risk of that would be even slimmer IMO.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015),Caesardust  (21-12-2015),faithandhopellove  (21-12-2015),Precious40  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

@Faithandhopelove - that's very stressful for you. I've been there ( I was 35 at the time) and got a risk factor of 1.2 for downs and 1.3 or something like that for the other two. The baby wasn't the '1'. If you choose to do further testing I hope neither of your babies are the '1' either.

Eta - I had a CVS. It was fine and I wasn't too worried about the cvs risk as I went to a radiologist who had done thousands of them and never had a problem.
    Last edited by Green lady; 21-12-2015 at 07:43.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015),Bongley  (21-12-2015),faithandhopellove  (21-12-2015),Gagingi  (21-12-2015),Precious40  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I had an elective CVS done too & was in very safe hands with one of the best Maternal Fetal Medicine Consultants at the hospital doing mine.

He'd done thousands of the procedures both at the hospital & for a private imaging place so the risk factors were reduced even more because of his experience.

In saying that...I only had a singleton pregnancy so can understand the reluctance/anxiety would be even further increased when Preggo with multiples.

Fingers crossed it's something you won't even need to consider @faithandhopellove xo

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015),faithandhopellove  (21-12-2015),Precious40  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @faithandhopellove, what is your next step hon? What sort of time frame are you looking at before you get your get further testing and some definitive answers?

I really wish they would hurry everything up for you so you could get it sorted by Christmas. I suppose things don't exactly run quickly in the medical field though

I am crossing my fingers that by 2016 you will have good news, and make the New Year one to remember

Blossom

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40#23

My FS told me that. He was happy to do double transfers until my last batch, when he would only transfer one because he said they were of a higher quality, and they don't like the risk of twin pregnancies. I had 2 double transfers that ended in BFN. And out of the better batch have had 3 single transfers, 1 BFN & 2 BFPs (one MC, though test results showed nothing to be wrong with bub, just one of those things).

I'm so sorry to hear of your test results. Such a worry. I hope everything comes back fine from whatever tests you do next. I had Harmony & they say it is accurate for twins. I know how nervous you must feel about an amnio. I skipped the nuchal & went straight for the Harmony as my OB said with the age factor results would more than likely come back high risk anyway. And I had decided I didn't want to risk the amnio. I'll be thinking of you, and all the best with whatever decision you make x
    @Sue77 good luck with BT today, will be stalking for results.
    @Bongley praying for lovely strong lines for you this afternoon. Nerve wracking business!

AFM, DH has passed on his flu. I've been sick as a dog since Saturday morning. Trip to the hospital last night to check bub was ok. I'd been running a fever all day & have a terrible cough. Started to get funny pains in my tummy, but Dr reassured me it was more than likely muscular, or some braxton hicks. Either way baby is fine & I'm in to see my GP today.

Wave to all the other lovelies ❤️❤️

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-12-2015),Precious40  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015),winsor  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok gals. I am very, very far from 100% sure but I think, I think I have a BFP. The line is about as dark as it was 3 days ago and I'm pretty sure it should have faded a lot by now, (6 days after the last booster shot)
    Its a nice, pretty dark line. Nothing squinterish about it at all.

I have probably just jinxed myself to high heaven but just needed to blab.

So I am still looking for it to get darker (I have had a couple of chemicals) but its looking pretty good to me right now.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-12-2015),Caesardust  (21-12-2015),Charlie74  (21-12-2015),Corbes  (21-12-2015),Gagingi  (21-12-2015),Petal40  (21-12-2015),Precious40  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015),Tahli  (21-12-2015),winsor  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo hoo @Bongley . Fingers crossed

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015)