Closed Thread
Page 29 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by princessrory View Post
    Also I can't do the maths with the age - 37 in May 2012 and now 42?

Am I reading your signature wrong, because I have to say - I'd assumed you were 39 in 2012 based on your signature and had thought "awesome! A Wazza miracle age 40! There's hope for us yet!".
    No...I was 40.3 months when I got my BFFP in Dec 2013. I was only months away from turning 38 when I started Cycling.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-12-2015 at 21:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    No...I was 39 in 2013 & 40.3yrs when I got my BFFP. So 38 in 2012. Your maths could do with a bit of work it seems.

I'm sorry I interpreted your words as meaning you were 37 when you had your DET with QFG in 2012.

My maths is fine.

Mine was a Day 3 transfer with 3 embryo's on my final Cycle. Day 4's the Cycle before

I don't think it works like that with Wazza/QFG. Obviously I don't know for sure but my original FS is also with QFG and I did DET with him from my first Cycle at his suggestion and I was 37 when I started.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I'm sorry I interpreted your words as meaning you were 37 when you had your DET with QFG in 2012.

My maths is fine.
    I was 37 almost 38...no..it's obviously not fine if I had my first transfer in June & didn't turn 38 until Sept.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually he was in favour of Day 5 transfers when I Cycled with him also but was happy to do what I wanted/needed to do.

Yes QFG have cracked down now but going on G's earlier post..they still must be allowing TET's by the sounds of it.
    And I'm super surprised to hear that, which is great news for Wazza's patients. However, for the interests of any casual reader, I think it's important to note that this isn't widely done or accepted practice.

I also think discussing it here may have repercussions for Wazza. He does have colleagues who thoroughly (and in my opinion, incorrectly) disagree with what he does.

I think Wazza is one of the best at what he does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 37 almost 38...no..it's obviously not fine if I had my first transfer in June & didn't turn 38 until Sept.

You turned 38 in September 2012, 39 in 2013 - although you said you were 40.3 for you BFFP, 40 in 2014, 41 in 2015. Yet your signature says you're 42.

Humour me, because I'm just not understanding the numbers you're giving me. I assure you I can do pretty complex maths, but I'm not making this work. I assume that it's just a glitch in communication.

And I'm not having a go at you, so settle down with the insults please.

I don't actually care how old you are, I've always wondered how accurate people's signatures were or whether it was autocalculated or something. I simply thought that you had been an older Wazza success than what you're saying you were.
    Last edited by princessrory; 20-12-2015 at 21:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    No..my mistake..it was @Chiefsgirl saying another FS in Sydney will do a TET depending on the circumstances.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It absolutely works like that with Wazza now unfortunately. QFG have cracked down on multiple embryo transfer rates.

Wazza also really heavily leans to D5 transfers now too.

I suspect it's all policy driven, rather than his preference, but I can assure you that if he's getting close to his quota, he'll be asking another FS to do the transfer. That's what he's told us, with much more colourful language of course!
    Wazza has said to us that he favours day 5 as he believes that if they don't get to 5 they won't make it. He said he also does quite a few day 6s for slower embies. He'll do a day 3 if you ask. Our FS#1 (also QFG) would only do day 3 with >40. As we get more embies with Wazza, day 5 works as we'd have had 4 embies on day 3 last cycle. Day 5 also lines up of course with roughly when they'd naturally be landing in the uterus anyway.

In terms of QFG policy there is a laminated page on Wazza's desk which details a comparison of some stats between Wazza and average of QFG FS's and ends by saying he was within parameters and is hereby accreditated for another year. Multiple transfers were part of that criteria. They should embrace his brilliance, not try to restrict him!
    Last edited by Gagingi; 20-12-2015 at 22:00.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015),princessrory  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    You turned 38 in September 2012, 39 in 2013 - although you said you were 40.3 for you BFFP, 40 in 2014, 41 in 2015. Yet your signature says you're 42.

Humour me, because I'm just not understanding the numbers you're giving me. I assure you I can do pretty complex maths, but I'm not making this work. I assume that it's just a glitch in communication.

And I'm not having a go at you, so settle down with the insults please.
    Yes...communication mix up with dates. I was 40.3 yrs when I got my BFFP in Dec 2013.

Just off turning 41 yrs when DD was born (less than 2 weeks away) in 2014 and am now 42.

Apologies for the stuff up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Actually he was in favour of Day 5 transfers when I Cycled with him also but was happy to do what I wanted/needed to do.

Yes QFG have cracked down now but going on G's earlier post..they still must be allowing TET's by the sounds of it.
    @BlondeinBrisvegas can I ask why you leant towards an earlier transfer?

The TET was on the table for our transfer two weeks ago, so must still be an option. Maybe we are an extraordinary case. One of the things I think we all appreciate with Wazza is that he can take in and hold so much info, so whilst he considers a TET as an option I don't think its use is based purely on age, but on overall clinical picture (in our case we have AMA/endo/adeno/PCOS and MFI issues).

To to be honest I have more of an issue with mandatory SET over DET, particularly for early transfers and/or when embies cannot be frozen.
    Last edited by Gagingi; 20-12-2015 at 22:09.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015),Blossom74  (21-12-2015),princessrory  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @BlondeinBrisvegas can I ask why you leant towards an earlier transfer?

The TET was on the table for our transfer two weeks ago, so must still be an option.
    Aaah...that's good to know for certain Wazza Ladies!!!😁

Sure you can ask😊 The Day 4 transfer was because a Day 5 was going to fall on a Sun which meant I would've had to wait until the Monday & done a Day 6 instead.

I got cold feet over the thought of having to wait that long so opted for a Day 4 instead.

The Day 3 was because DP couldn't get the day off work for a Day 5 which would've been a Monday & I needed him to drive me home (no-one else could do it that day & they wouldn't let me take a taxi home which was fair enough) as Wazza gave me pethidine as well as the Valium for my transfers due to them being excrutiatingly painful for me.

The reason for the pain is 2 fold according to "The Man" himself...1. My cervix has scar tissue from previous Gynae surgery & 2. It was/is (had an elective C-Section) on the very tight side due to never having had a baby before which made "getting through the door more difficult" (i.e. passing the catheter through) according to him!!😁😁😁

After having the "Wazza Special" I was like..."Pain?? What pain??" 😁😁😁
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-12-2015 at 22:25.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015),Gagingi  (21-12-2015)