Closed Thread
Page 28 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @gangini if you don't eat a lot, appetite is not a problem and what you do eat is healthy then maybe now is not the time to worry about it, sounds like you would have to either dangerously starve yourself or come off all the meds to lose weight, neither of which would help your fertility.............

Can you up your exercise? My fitness is a distant memory..... constant IVF meds and stress has knocked me right out of any routine.

Also, I do lite n easy, both myself and my partner work and it really helps during the week.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015),Blossom74  (21-12-2015),Gagingi  (20-12-2015),Petal40  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015),winsor  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @Blossom74 our FS#1 refused a double for me under any circumstances (mind you given the protocol he used the chances of us having even one decent embie was bugger all). Wazza on the other hand will do 3 with OE - we didn't ask, he told us that was what was happening. At our age the chances of our own eggs implanting are so slim, I think one is overly conservative, or worse revenue raising.

I thought at 40+ with OE and multiple attempts you actually can demand up to 3? The FS can then refuse to be your Ob/Gyn, but who cares you're pregnant!!! and chances are you'll only end up with a singleton anyway. If you want to transfer more than one I'd lobby your FS and take in some stats. From memory a DET increases the chance of pregnancy by 5% and chance of multiples by 50%, but that 50% is off such a slim base - it's a handful of pregnancies. When PDG normals fail and good graded embies turn out to be abnormal, we know the reality of the odds.

https://www.asrm.org/uploadedFiles/A...yos%281%29.pdf
    I highly doubt the risk of twins is increased by 50% in women 40+ using their OE's.

Wazza is about the only FS in Aus that I know of who will transfer 3 but it's also QFG policy as well which he's happy to implement as he obviously agrees!!😁

I, for one, am very glad he does/did for me as there's every possibility if I'd only been allowed the 1 embryo to transfer that my DD would've been left in the dish to perish judging by our track record with previous Cycles... i.e. 0 frosties 😐
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-12-2015 at 19:08.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015),Gagingi  (20-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a fs here in Sydney who will do 3 embie transfers. But the lady I know who sees this fs is in cycle 13 so a ivf warrior.
    @Gagingi wow I thought my pred dose of 30mg was high! I have nothing else to suggest from what the others have said. I went paleo before my last transfer and that was the only thing that shifted the weight for me. I've stayed dairy free during the pregnancy but gave gone back to gf bread.

I was put on metformin when stimming and again now to help regulate sugar levels. But I was on 1500mg then and 500mg now so still less than you!

Is your water intake good?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015),Blossom74  (21-12-2015),Gagingi  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40#23

Double post
    Last edited by Chiefsgirl; 20-12-2015 at 20:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    I highly doubt the risk of twins is increased by 50% in women 40+ using their OE's.

Wazza is about the only FS in Aus that I know of who will transfer 3 but it's also QFG policy as well which he's happy to implement as he obviously agrees!!������

I, for one, am very glad he does/did for me as there's every possibility if I'd only been allowed the 1 embryo to transfer that my DD would've been left in the dish to perish judging by our track record with previous Cycles... i.e. 0 frosties ������

The Doctors transfer rates at my practice are very carefully scrutinised - they can have an average of 1.4 embryos per transfer for women over X age (I think 38) and maybe it goes up again over 40. *these exact numbers might be a bit off*

It all comes down to how many embryos they've been transferring that month! So for those of us that don't get to transfer, that permits a DET for someone else.

If the FS breaches this number more than 3 months in a row - there are repercussions. We all know why this has come into effect, supposedly. I do however think there are politics at play and are restrictive to women's rights as a patient to best care.

So for women over 40 - easy to get 3 embryos transferred, because so few women make it to D5.

Makes you wonder whether we'd all be better off with D3 transfers with 2-3 little buggers, especially since they really have no idea which ones are euploid and gonna grow.

(one of the ways to get around this restrictive practice is to another FS who has mainly SETs to do a DET or TET...)

So without a doubt, decisions on embryo transfers are made with other (non-clinical) factors in mind....! Like most things in medicine, I have to point out.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessrory For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015),Caesardust  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by princessrory View Post
    The Doctors transfer rates at my practice are very carefully scrutinised - they can have an average of 1.4 embryos per transfer for women over X age (I think 38) and maybe it goes up again over 40. *these exact numbers might be a bit off*

It all comes down to how many embryos they've been transferring that month! So for those of us that don't get to transfer, that permits a DET for someone else.

If the FS breaches this number more than 3 months in a row - there are repercussions. We all know why this has come into effect, supposedly. I do however think there are politics at play and are restrictive to women's rights as a patient to best care.

So for women over 40 - easy to get 3 embryos transferred, because so few women make it to D5.

Makes you wonder whether we'd all be better off with D3 transfers with 2-3 little buggers, especially since they really have no idea which ones are euploid and gonna grow.

(one of the ways to get around this restrictive practice is to another FS who has mainly SETs to do a DET or TET...)

So without a doubt, decisions on embryo transfers are made with other (non-clinical) factors in mind....! Like most things in medicine, I have to point out.
    Mine was a Day 3 transfer with 3 embryo's on my final Cycle. Day 4's the Cycle before

I don't think it works like that with Wazza/QFG. Obviously I don't know for sure but my original FS is also with QFG and I did DET with him from my first Cycle at his suggestion and I was 37 when I started.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-12-2015 at 20:07.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was a Day 3 transfer with 3 embryo's on my final Cycle. Day 4's the Cycle before

I don't think it works like that with Wazza/QFG. Obviously I don't know for sure but my original FS is also with QFG and I did DET with him from my first Cycle at his suggestion and I was 37 when I started.
    It absolutely works like that with Wazza now unfortunately. QFG have cracked down on multiple embryo transfer rates.

Wazza also really heavily leans to D5 transfers now too.

I suspect it's all policy driven, rather than his preference, but I can assure you that if he's getting close to his quota, he'll be asking another FS to do the transfer. That's what he's told us, with much more colourful language of course!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to princessrory For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Also I can't do the maths with the age - 37 in May 2012 and now 42?

Am I reading your signature wrong, because I have to say - I'd assumed you were 39 in 2012 based on your signature and had thought "awesome! A Wazza miracle age 40! There's hope for us yet!".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I want to say I'm in no way critical of Wazza. Just the system which I think might put money ahead of take home babies.

Which is fine, I guess. Medicine is a big business. I'm just used to working in an area with a little more evidence and progress over the last 30 years!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to princessrory For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by princessrory View Post
    It absolutely works like that with Wazza now unfortunately. QFG have cracked down on multiple embryo transfer rates.

Wazza also really heavily leans to D5 transfers now too.

I suspect it's all policy driven, rather than his preference, but I can assure you that if he's getting close to his quota, he'll be asking another FS to do the transfer. That's what he's told us, with much more colourful language of course!
    Actually he was in favour of Day 5 transfers when I Cycled with him also but was happy to do what I wanted/needed to do.

Yes QFG have cracked down now but going on G's earlier post..they still must be allowing TET's by the sounds of it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015)