Closed Thread
Page 26 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Ah, sunshine pee. Yes, familiar with that! Fingers crossed this is the start of something @Bongley! The next few days will be make or break. I am really hoping when I log on tomorrow you will be here saying "OMG! Look at this line!"

Blossom
    Yes me too. Although I don't think I will have anything one way or the other until Tuesday at this rate.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015),Blossom74  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Yes me too. Although I don't think I will have anything one way or the other until Tuesday at this rate.

How many days will you be then @Bongley?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015),Bongley  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Speaking of mitochondrial dna...just read this article of a new test that's been developed in regards to that....

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...-success-rates

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...n-by-75pc.html
    Thanks for this info BIB. Interestingly the non-implanting normal from this last failed cycle was hatched at just on day 5 (probably end of day 4 actually) so it was ahead, whilst the normal cavitating morula that we have frozen is more on target (when I'd been thinking it was behind). Fingers crossed it thaws okay and keeps growing. It's a bugger the PGD wasn't back as it would have been transferred too . At least we hopefully have a backup and there are more normals in there!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015),Blossom74  (20-12-2015),Bongley  (20-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-12-2015),winsor  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many days will you be then @Bongley?
    12DPO on tuesday it'd have to be lighter by then if it was just the HCG booster shot from last wed

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    12DPO on tuesday it'd have to be lighter by then if it was just the HCG booster shot from last wed

And if it's darker ..... Everything crossed for you hon.

Blossom

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015),Bongley  (20-12-2015),Gagingi  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have decided, should I be so lucky as to be able to retrieve and fertilise any eggs this time round, that I will not be PGD testing.

I know it's potentially wasting money implanting embies that may not make it, but I can't bare the thought of not giving each one a chance, or of losing embies along the way.

Is that weird? I'd just rather go through the last cycle with no 'what if's.' It's only money, right?

Blossom
    @Blossom is there a risk that if 2 implant and only one is normal, then the non-normal could put the healthy fetus at risk? Plus the potential trauma of downs etc. My other fear is that a miscarriage takes months away from trying again, although if this really is your last cycle then that doesn't apply... Then the cost of PGD testing (at QFG at least) is actually not much shy of the out-of-pocket for a stim cycle. It's a hard decision.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my bubs was a morula that I was told wouldn't make it to freeze. I thought it deserved a chance and they agreed to transfer 2 (I am guessing they agreed because they thought it had no chance). Both my clinics wouldn't freeze morulas. Shame. It seems like they might actually be the normal ones.

The interesting thing about slow embies is back when it was legal the 'cure' was to transfer some mitochnodria from another womans egg. Now if the eggs were failing to progress because they were chromosomally abnormal then producing embies from them would be disastrous. That's not what happened though. There were higher rates of Turners syndrome that the norm but not as high as what you would expect. So obviously not all slow eggs are slow because of chromome 'mistakes'. They just lack energy.
    You may have read that the UK legalised this procedure earlier this year... but only for those women who have mitochnodrial disease.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015),Blossom74  (20-12-2015),Chiefsgirl  (20-12-2015),Gagingi  (20-12-2015),princessrory  (20-12-2015),winsor  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, I'm wondering if I can ask for your thoughts? I, like many of us I think, have put on weight (15kg) with IVF and of course this is not helpful to fertility. I eat super healthy (except for rare occasions like last night's BFN pizza and wine), but weight keeps creeping on. I'm wondering about asking Wazza if Duromine might be a good way to get rid of a couple of kgs before starting the next cycle at the end of Jan. When we first saw Wazza he said it would be good if I could loose a kg/month, but he wasn't too worried about my weight - then with his magical pharmacy I put on 3 kg that next week . My GP has said IVF = weight gain for most of us, so don't beat myself up about it. 40 also seems to have re-jigged my metabolism in a bad way. GP suggested Optifast can work (for non-IVF weight loss), but again that is calorie restriction/low nutrition. Any thoughts, experiences, or words of wisdom?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015),Blossom74  (20-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    One of my bubs was a morula that I was told wouldn't make it to freeze. I thought it deserved a chance and they agreed to transfer 2 (I am guessing they agreed because they thought it had no chance). Both my clinics wouldn't freeze morulas. Shame. It seems like they might actually be the normal ones.

The interesting thing about slow embies is back when it was legal the 'cure' was to transfer some mitochnodria from another womans egg. Now if the eggs were failing to progress because they were chromosomally abnormal then producing embies from them would be disastrous. That's not what happened though. There were higher rates of Turners syndrome that the norm but not as high as what you would expect. So obviously not all slow eggs are slow because of chromome 'mistakes'. They just lack energy.
    You may have read that the UK legalised this procedure earlier this year... but only for those women who have mitochnodrial disease.
    FS#2 mentioned this yesterday. Apparently it was done in Australia with a few women about 15 years ago, but then rat studies identified some significant issues - although there was a healthy live human birth. Then there was an overseas FS claiming great success with it, who was due to present at a conference on it, but didn't show up and then disappeared off the IVF scene. Now good old ethics makes it too hard/slow for such things...

I think unfortunately (for us) that within our lifetimes there will be advances in IVF that would have made it much easier/possible for us all to have the families we want, but it might be too late for us. Maybe rather than bequeathing our estate to my niece and nephew (little that it will be post IVF!) we should put it into fertility research.
    Last edited by Gagingi; 20-12-2015 at 15:02.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015),Blossom74  (20-12-2015),faithandhopellove  (20-12-2015),princessrory  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gagingi do you have polycystic ovaries? My doc put me on metformin as it helps fertility and it also knocks the edge of your appetite. It's helped me lose a few kilos.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015),Blossom74  (20-12-2015),Chiefsgirl  (20-12-2015)