Closed Thread
Page 118 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1721
  1. #1171
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,620
    Thanks
    5,875
    Thanked
    8,555
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Precious40 I would stop testing, it just stresses you out - I never test after the initial one as thats enough for me. Unless you have any reason to think otherwise (bleeding or excessive pain) then I would assume everything is ok. They have got you doing second bloods anyway so try and stay calm.

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-01-2016),Blossom74  (07-01-2016),Bongley  (07-01-2016),midnite01  (07-01-2016),Precious40  (07-01-2016),Summer  (07-01-2016)

  3. #1172
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    496
    Thanks
    8,836
    Thanked
    1,574
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks ladies
    Second BT tomorrow

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-01-2016),Blossom74  (07-01-2016),Bongley  (07-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (07-01-2016),Petal40  (07-01-2016),Summer  (07-01-2016)

  5. #1173
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,595
    Thanks
    35,257
    Thanked
    19,707
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious40 View Post
    Well I did my last pee test I have in the house. I was hoping for two bright lines. But the second only seems the same as my first test. Should I be worried? Grrrr I hate these tests. I'm not sure if it's two or three hours of holding. Can't go longer than that
    Peer pressure......

    Don't worry unless/until there's something to worry about ok Luv?? Could well be the dilution of your wee plus the sticks tend to try a bit darker too. The line's not getting any fainter which is a good sign to me. That's when I'd be worrying if it was like that

    You could also be someone who throws up a darker test using afternoon urine too. As long as your numbers/doubling times are good after tomorrows BT then all will be as well as can be hoped for at this early stage

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (07-01-2016),Precious40  (07-01-2016),Summer  (07-01-2016)

  7. #1174
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Precious40, there is also sometimes some variation in the tests. Or you could just end up being one of those who never get particularly high or fast growing HCG. Is your blood test today or tomorrow? @Bongley - another week !!!! The torture ! How exciting - are you secretly hoping for twins
    My morphology scan is in 2 weeks, can't wait to find out for sure if they are both definitely girls. I'm still hoping for at least one boy but will be happy as long as they are healthy. The VCI still worries me, but not much I can do.

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-01-2016),Blossom74  (07-01-2016),MamaKes  (07-01-2016),Petal40  (07-01-2016),Precious40  (07-01-2016),Summer  (07-01-2016),Tahli  (07-01-2016)

  9. #1175
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,055
    Thanks
    754
    Thanked
    698
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Kellyk77 and @Kelly70 (hello stranger!), Ok, so back to Plan A and doing the HyCoSy under an anesthetic!! Thanks heaps for sharing your experiences. I'll wait til all my immune bloods are back and see if Dr M needs to do anything else under an anesthetic. @Kellyk77 I'd love to know where you had it done in Box Hill if you can jolt your memory?
    Ta @BlondeinBrisvegas for the Endone & Valium combo suggestion but I'm going to wuss out!!
    @Charlie74 Yep, I'll definitely be telling LB and K about Dr M. I'll be quite forthright about asking for however many mls he suggests.
    Still following your progress on this thread miss @Tahli - if you find my old thread, I did write an update on it a couple weeks back, big hugs xx

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-01-2016),Blossom74  (07-01-2016),Tahli  (07-01-2016)

  11. #1176
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,498
    Thanks
    27,347
    Thanked
    13,855
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good morning lovely ladies,


    First up, @precious, don't stress about the sticks. If you are having trouble holding onto your wee for a measly 3 hours my guess is you must drink a lot of water, and lots of water = diluted wee, and less visible lines. Me, I can (and DID) hold it for 8 hours once, lol. Yes, I am Wee Champion of the World! Anyway, I'm sure everything is fine, and your next BT will give you a more accurate indication of how things are going.

    @Bongley, I bet the wait to scan is almost as bad as the 2WW for you. I am so excited to hear all about your little bean.


    AFM, a quiet day at home today, with housework interspersed with paid work. Feel like I am biding my time until I can start my next cycle.....


    Blossom

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-01-2016),Gagingi  (07-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (07-01-2016),Precious40  (07-01-2016),Summer  (07-01-2016),Tahli  (07-01-2016)

  13. #1177
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    @Bongley - another week !!!! The torture ! How exciting - are you secretly hoping for twins
    My morphology scan is in 2 weeks, can't wait to find out for sure if they are both definitely girls. I'm still hoping for at least one boy but will be happy as long as they are healthy. The VCI still worries me, but not much I can do.
    @JulieMalooley Secretly hoping for twins! Haha, that's a good one. I am first and foremost hoping for a heartbeat and a sac in the right place and secondly praying for all its worth there is only one! It would be a different matter if it was my first BFP but I am a tired old lady with a tantrumy toddler, full time job, two dogs and a big, BIG mortgage. *sobs into coffee*

    Yeah, I did a quick google on how likely it would be to get the sex wrong on a PGD embryo and...it doesn't seem very likely, so don't think there will be any surprises as far as the sex goes for us.

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-01-2016),Blossom74  (07-01-2016),Petal40  (07-01-2016),Precious40  (07-01-2016),Summer  (07-01-2016),Tahli  (07-01-2016),tuxcat  (07-01-2016)

  15. #1178
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @JulieMalooley Secretly hoping for twins! Haha, that's a good one. I am first and foremost hoping for a heartbeat and a sac in the right place and secondly praying for all its worth there is only one! It would be a different matter if it was my first BFP but I am a tired old lady with a tantrumy toddler, full time job, two dogs and a big, BIG mortgage. *sobs into coffee*

    Yeah, I did a quick google on how likely it would be to get the sex wrong on a PGD embryo and...it doesn't seem very likely, so don't think there will be any surprises as far as the sex goes for us.
    Haha fair enough. If you are anything like me, I'm running out of things to google. I did a little googling last night on the difference between DNA and genes as epigenetics dictates that my body can affect the genes but not the DNA, yet it appears that they really are the same thing ? I don't get it.

  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-01-2016),Blossom74  (07-01-2016),Bongley  (07-01-2016),Precious40  (07-01-2016),Summer  (07-01-2016),Tahli  (07-01-2016),tuxcat  (07-01-2016)

  17. #1179
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    Haha fair enough. If you are anything like me, I'm running out of things to google. I did a little googling last night on the difference between DNA and genes as epigenetics dictates that my body can affect the genes but not the DNA, yet it appears that they really are the same thing ? I don't get it.
    @JulieMalooley I just remember reading an article about pony embryos put into horses and they came out with long legs. Do you have long legs? Your girls might get lucky there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Good morning lovely ladies,


    First up, @precious, don't stress about the sticks. If you are having trouble holding onto your wee for a measly 3 hours my guess is you must drink a lot of water, and lots of water = diluted wee, and less visible lines. Me, I can (and DID) hold it for 8 hours once, lol. Yes, I am Wee Champion of the World! Anyway, I'm sure everything is fine, and your next BT will give you a more accurate indication of how things are going.

    @Bongley, I bet the wait to scan is almost as bad as the 2WW for you. I am so excited to hear all about your little bean.


    AFM, a quiet day at home today, with housework interspersed with paid work. Feel like I am biding my time until I can start my next cycle.....


    Blossom
    Yeah, I routinely have orange wees, not a great drinker of water here.
    We're always biding our time aren't we!? The wait isn't too bad and I did offer to go to the scan on my own but then remembered some sad stories of the heartbeat not being seen, blighted ovum etc and I though, yeah better get my partner to come along, that would be harsh to deal with on my own. Plus it makes it more real for him to see a heartbeat.

    I'd had a lot of bleeding at this point with my previous BFP so wasn't expecting good things at the scan, turned out fine though. I have had not a hint of spotting this time. Just some pressure.

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-01-2016),Blossom74  (07-01-2016),Gagingi  (07-01-2016),Precious40  (07-01-2016),Tahli  (07-01-2016)

  19. #1180
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well, that's certainly interesting about the ponies !! I wouldn't say I have long legs, but my body is well enough proportioned. The donor's physique (assuming she is the one we passed in the elevator) is at least as good as, if not better than mine was at that age so will be hard to claim any of that glory lol.
    Yes, I will never forget the shock at our first 'no heartbeat' scan and I am so glad DP was there. It was all sunshine and lollipops before we went in so we were both gutted.
    I would avoid going on my own ever again at all costs but at this point its looking like he may not make the morphology scan which will be disappointing. I'm much less worried about that one, but still...
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 07-01-2016 at 09:03.

  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-01-2016),Blossom74  (07-01-2016),Bongley  (07-01-2016),Precious40  (07-01-2016),Summer  (07-01-2016),Tahli  (07-01-2016)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Sudocrem / Infacol
Sudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, abrasions, wounds and minor skin irritations. Infacol Wind Drops are an effective method of treating wind in infants.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!