+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I freaking hate it!
    My local has moved the checkouts and the self serve to the middle of the store. Then lining up again to leave the store, it's insane!
    Last edited by Lincolns mummy; 15-12-2015 at 14:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our local one has just been re-done with this layout too. Self serve is in right next to other check outs so everyone is getting confused about what line to go to with self serve or assisted check outs. Only had one thing to buy and lines were crazy in Saturday so I returned item to the shelf and left. Hopefully people may get used to it but it just looked chaotic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think the reason they did it is to save on staff costs. I spent my teenage years as a checkout chick at my local Kmart on wknds and there would have been at least 20 of us. Huge cost saving, heaps of people would have lost their jobs.

As for position not really sure. Ours has the central self serve plus another lot of self serve near the front door. I think it's saved space too. Only they didn't really provide an area for line ups so we have to line up amongst the girls clothes racks...?!

Totally avoiding that feral place until Christmas is well and truly over though 😂

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

babybeanie  (15-12-2015),MissMuppet  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours is like this.. I never line up the second time.. Just walk on past the line and out the door.. I'm not wasting my time lining up again with stuff I own!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber4304 View Post
    This annoys me so much. My Kmart also has self serve near the door so I try to use those if I can. I hate lining up twice plus I don't always remember to take the receipt if I'm doing self serve. Although it's a first world problem, it's a real pain.
    Same, just doesn't feel right to have checkout in the middle of the store

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is a VERY stupid set up. I don't line up to show my receipt. I just walk out the door. If the security person wants to follow me that's fine.. I'll whip out my receipt but I refuse to line up twice. I actually don't get the practicality of it because the reality is to return stuff you also have to walk through the store. It'd be so easy just to bring back a receipt grab the thing off the shelf and get a "refund" for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I only saw this for the first time over the weekend when I was interstate - the Kmart I went to seemed quite nice and refurbished, however the checkouts were right in the middle of the store

I thought this might have been a one-off new store type thing, but I've since seen people complaining about the impracticality of this setup on social media. Apparently a number of Kmarts now have this arrangement. It's a thing.

The biggest complaint seems to be having to line up when you get to the exit to show your receipt/purchases. I guess people have already lined up to pay, so they're annoyed about lining up a second time.

Does it bug you, or are you not even mad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    It is stupid. Annoying. Crazy and not well thought out in my opinion. I hate that the new store often has one register open with 20 to 30 people line up. The self service and the register line is the same dam line. They make you use the self service even if you don't want to. It flipping crazy. I try not to go to that store if I can help it.
    The older store has self service at front and the middle but they have a different entry to the register. So its no so bad. The usually have 2 people on registers.

I hate the new system it is wrecking the shopping experience for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me its meh. I like shopping, only have 1 kiddo that is fairly good in the shops generally and my Kmart isn't extremely busy so there is never a lineup for receipt.

I'm just glad its not like JB where they stamp your receipt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I haven't been too bothered by it because I just always use the self-service check-outs which are located right beside the exit.

I would imagine it may get frustrating if you wanted to be served, as I've noticed the line-ups at the middle counters and again at the exit to show the receipts.

I do like the refurbs though, much neater and easier to find sections, plus it's bright and light! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Whilst I think it was a rather odd design to go ahead with in such a busy store it hasn't been a problem thus far for me. I've never had to line up to show my receipt. A quick stop for 10 seconds or so with the girl at the door and we are out. I imagine if be annoyed if I had to line up again though.

I too use the self serve near the door of its just a few items too.