+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Failure to thrive?

Hello all, I think my girl might be having this issue, she is growing slowly, reaching her milestones, but not eating much at all (yogurt & milk) and is just losing weight.

Her character has not changed, still a happy and active baby.

Thoughts?

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    A paed diagnosed my daughter with failure to thrive. Not much we can do about it... We just monitor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    How are her percentiles? We dropped from 91st to the 6th for weight but have gotten her weight up to the 19th now. For height she has dropped from the 84th to the 6th.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    How are her percentiles? We dropped from 91st to the 6th for weight but have gotten her weight up to the 19th now. For height she has dropped from the 84th to the 6th.
    My girl is on the 2% never been higher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Two of my babies had failure to thrive. Its usually a part of broader issues (eg, reflux, food allergies, etc). I remember you saw a paed in the past & they weren't concerned about your DDs weight - perhaps if you are feeling concerned, you should speak to someone again. From what you've described previously, maybe she is going to be petite/ a small person? I am 175 cm & 68 kg, & I have a friend who is 160cm & about 50kg (if that). We are both healthy, just have different body types. I am taller, she is petite. Perhaps your DD will be the petite one? I know this has been an ongoing concern for you though,so a paed might help alleviate your worries or investigate further if need be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Our underlying issue was reflux. Her weight or height didn't shoot up after we treated it. Pretty sure she's just going to be small.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She doesn't eat, that's the issue and the paed has ordered some tests which didn't come back 100%. Me and hubby have been tested now and are waiting results....

I thought we needed food to grow? Right?

I'll be looking at another pead in the meantime to see what he says also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    How has it been going Hun? I've been thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    How has it been going Hun? I've been thinking of you.
    Thank you, She still isn't eating much, she's still small, she has fat on her, so the Drs say there is nothing to worry about. But as a mother I worry.
    Thank you very much for asking, appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    My daughter is very much the same so I feel your pain.