+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First of all I would like to say thank you to everyone for responding.....
    I have noticed that usually the same people respond to my posts, I need to talk to people and get it off my chest which is my I write on here, responses are also comforting. I am sorry to those who I annoy. I'm just a worried mother. Now for the update:

I went to see a dietitian today, she said my daughter is slow for her height and weight but she is "Chunky" and no bones are showing. She also said I put in a lot of effort and offer a lot of food. ( I think if she had my issue she would also) so she told me to offer food every 2 hours and just look at the food groups and try something at different meals (brekkie, snack, lunch, snack etc)

She also pointed out that I cannot force her to eat & that she won't starve herself.....don't know how far that will go as she doesn't eat. Today she's had nothing except milk and yogurt.

She doesn't need to eat a lot also I was advised because she is small.

I did take quiet a bit in from the appointment.

She also told me to go to a speech pathologist. Which is my next stop also.

First I need to go to a new dr and then get a referral.....ill go public as a speech therapist was close to $300.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (17-12-2015),HollyGolightly81  (17-12-2015),littleriv  (18-12-2015),Mamasupial  (17-12-2015),misskittyfantastico  (17-12-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (17-12-2015),Tamtam  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Excellent that's what they said about my daughter. She looks healthy. The dietician actually looked at her bmi which was great for her weight and height.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like you had s good appointment and got lots of positives to take away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That sounds great, like you had a positive experience. In WA the MCHN can refer to the community health speech therapists, which are free. Does it work that way in other states? Maybe someone in you're state can advise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If your lo has not dropped off her curve I would try not to worry so much, even then it isn't necessarily something bad, my DS had recently dropped down onto a lower curve, he did continue growing and thriving in other ways, we did some blood tests and they were all fine. He went from being a very chubby baby to being a tall and lanky toddler.

Maybe your expectations are too big in regards to how much your lo should be eating, perhaps ask the dietitian at your next visit about portion size.
    You may be surprised by how little they actually need, my DD, has always eaten what seems like far too little, when she was younger I found it very concerning, for a while the only thing that I could get into was milk, meals consisted of a bite or 2.
    Now at 11, she eats about the same amount as my 4 year old. She is and has always been healthy though, height wise she is average in her class, weight wise she is about 10kgs lighter then ALL the other girls, normal has a very wide range.

If this is on going, and everyone keeps telling you she is fine, try taking the focus off food, kids pick up on everything, in my experience once I become less stressed, food become a lot easier with my DD, ice cube trays became very handy, with little snacks in them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you all, it's appreciated. I know I focus on food ALOT, I'm usually making 2-3 different things just for her.

Maybe it gets easier and she eats more.

Maybe the hot weather doesn't help either.

I'm going to think positive.