+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Issues with the pill

I am so so over the pill. I am on Levlen and have been for just over a year. At first it was fine but recently I am bleeding between withdrawal bleeds sometimes as heavy as a normal period. I have also started to bleed during intercourse I am not sure if they are related. I was on the same pill for years before I conceived DS and didn't have any issues then. I also can't see a doc until Friday.
    I am getting really over it 2 weeks ago I had a medium flow for 7 days and it seems it is starting up again now. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you skipping periods at all with it?

Not much you can really do until you see your doc, except potentially stopping taking it to get the hormones out of your body.

There's so many other options out there so don't feel like you have to stick with this one just because it worked in the past.

If the bleeding becomes very heavy or you start to pass large clots - go get checked out in ED

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on levlen for years before getting pregnant with ds1 and never had a problem with it. Went back on it after ds1 was born and again had no problems. Was on it for about 2 years before coming off it to fall pregnant with ds2. After he was born I went back on it and started having the same problems that you described. Made an app with my ob/gyno, she switched me to one called Brenda and everything went back to normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It sounds like the dosage is wrong for you. What dose are you on? I think they're 20/30/50?

I had a similar problem and was on 50, dropped back to 30 and those issues resolved.

The dosage you need can change after having a baby.

Have a chat to your GP or GYN and they wilk be able to help get you on the right dosage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't have a clue about the dosage. Dr Google scared me when I looked it up ... The words cervical cancer appeared haha. I'll be due for a pap in the new year anyway.

I did skip periods yes but took a full pack normally since skipping so had a withdrawal bleed.

My main concern is that it's not 100% effective like this (even though not much is going on when I'm bleeding) and we use condoms too.