+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 weeks and been bleeding on and off. Help!

I am 8 wks pushing through to 9 wks tmrw and have been bleeding since 4 wks.

My first bleeding I thought I was having my period and didn't know I was pregnant. Stopped for 2 days, took a preggy test n confirmed. So I guess it was just implantation bleeding.

5 weeks, light bleeding but covered the entire panty area. Had an emergency scan, they couldn't detect anything and braced us for blighted ovum. Came back 5 days later at 6 wks, saw a tiny heartbeat. Phew! Also saw some blood around the sac.

7 weeks bled for 4 days. Like period. Earlier this week scanned again, heart still beating.

Today, bleeding again!
    I am soooo sick with worry. We had been trying for 4 yrs for bub #2. Doc said nothing they can do. It's one of those nature things taking place. We just have to wait and see. It's just driving me absolute bonkers. She didn't tell me to bedrest tho. Said physical activity has nothing to do with it. Some days I did nothing but sleep n feet up and still bleeding. Other days driving, school run etc and still bled!

Any similar experiences?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to smudgy For This Useful Post:

Smudgey  (26-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had bleeding at 8.5 weeks and I have to say the doctor was very unsympathetic! So I hope yours was nicer.
    Sorry you're experiencing that. My Bubs has continued to be fine and I'm now at 33 weeks. As for the regular bleeding, my best friend had that throughout her entire pregnancy and her baby is fine. They said she had a lot of veins on her cervix or something? Anyway, I know how stressful it is and hope it goes well for you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet85 For This Useful Post:

Smudgey  (26-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bled through my whole first trimester with my daughter. Currently 18 weeks and bled a lot weeks 5-14

I had sub chorionic haematomas that resolved in both and my placenta is on my cervix this time.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had bleeding at 7,11 and 13 weeks with multiple scans nothing ever showed up. I'm now 28 weeks everything's going well. The bleed at 11 weeks was a massive gush I thought for sure I was loosing her but no there she was happily dancing at each scan. I had a mc in April and had spotting when that started then strong period pain.

Everytime the blood came I'd have a meltdown and expect the worst. Hang in there and try to stay positive. I went to the hospital with the big bleed and they scanned me. Some women just bleed in pregnancy and often it's not resolved why.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a lot of on/off bleeding with ds from about 5wks to 9/10wks. I had a scan at 5+5 to rule out ectopic and whilst we saw a lovely flicker of a hb, no reason for the bleeding could be found. I had fortnightly scans (due to history of mmc's) and no reason was ever found. It was put down to a cervical erosion causing it all, I'd had a d&c 5weeks earlier due to a mmc and the dr's think this was the cause.

I had a huge bleed just after 6wks with my 3rd pregnancy. An emergency scan showed a small sch which strangely wasn't noticed the day prior at my dating scan! Sadly that pregnancy ended in another mmc a month later but I was reassured the sch was not the contributing factor (i had no further bleeding after the intial bout). I wasn't advised to bed rest either.

Good luck, I was beside myself with worry too with all the bleeding with ds but he's a healthy 14mo now racing round the yard chasing his big sister xx
    Last edited by michellek; 26-12-2015 at 19:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bled for 5 days in weeks 11 and 12.
    That pregnancy is now a 2 yr old.

From what I've read 1st trimester bleeding isn't uncommon.

Try not to worry (hard not to, I know). The baby is better off without you getting stressed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default @smudgy

I've had bleeding on and off for last 2 week at 5w2d. I'm now 7w2d and it's finally stopped. I too freaked out each time went to the loo. As its our 1st. Fs ordered me 10days off work and said pretent you're in hospital so do nothing. It seemed to have worked as that was 5days ago. I've got a scan this week so hopefully will get to see a hb as not seen one yet. Am so scared as fetal pole was there fs just thought too early. Apparently some people don't see hb till 8 to 9 weeks. I'm hoping that's the case. Just try not to stress as hard as it is. Thinking of you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi honey just came across this message again. How are you? We unfortunately lost ours at 9wks. But an preg again now at 4w4d.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chyna and everyone.
    Thank you for sharing your experiences both successful and unsuccessful stories. Fortunately my ob did an internal exam and found a cervical polyp larger than most size. She thinks this is what kept me bleeding so much. They were tossing with the idea of removing it but they're worried of agitating the cervix especially at this early stage pregnancy. If the cervix gets agitated, my body might go into labour, mother nature - they cannot stop labour, and it is the last thing we want because baby will not survive this young. I am 23 weeks now and stopped bleeding a week or two into my second trimester. Everything is going well so far. Keeping my fingers crossed and all strength and love to those have lost babies. Thank you for responding. xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to smudgy For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I am now at my 8 weeks and too have on and off brown/dark red when going to bathroom.

When I did my first scan last week it showed some blood residual inside which Dr said it will be absorbed later on or let out... not sure if this is same as everyone's?