+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anxious at 31 weeks -any tips?

Just wondering if hormones go a bit more nuts in the third trimester?
    I've been anxious for the past couple of days and dont know why. Not worried about labour or any of that, I tend to worry more that I won't be a great parent.
    I know that probably sounds dumb, but we tried for our first baby for two years and I'm excited most of the time, but seem stressed lately.
    A family member died recently and it's causing huge arguments within my family, my brother and my mum are having huge arguments on a different subject and mum always tells me All the details even though I dont want to know.
    I work in a job where we get regularly yelled at by clients... Wondering if all of this is just taking it's toll. I start leave at the end of the year. Cant wait!!
    Phew! Scuse the rave.
    Any one have tips for anxiety? Just want to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    no tips but following. I'm 29 weeks and feeling a bit edgy/paranoid/anxious too. nothing dramatic but I just feel extra cautious, over sensitive etc.

my leave starts end of next month and I'm avidly awaiting it. struggling with work (motivation) and pretending to care. I just want to be at home and have time to myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say good to know I'm not the only one, but that doesn't sound right. Sorry you're having those issues too.
    I have worked full time for 12 years and have never had much time off. Its a weird concept.
    I'm trying to focus on baby and just be happy but I have a highly active imagination and when I get stressed it goes into over drive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't really have any advice since I was an absolute mess when I pregnant. Like hysterical crying every day, panic attacks, it was just awful. But by a week after the birth I was fine, perfectly calm and happy and have been every since. So I'm guessing that hormones can be pretty crazy around that time.
    I think some degree of feeling overly cautious and vigilant is normal, your protective instincts are kicking in. I can totally empathise with the overactive imagination though! But at least now (while not pregnant) I can remind myself that just because I've imagined it, doesn't mean it's happened or true

5. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Violet85  (13-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! That's a big reassurance!
    I just talked to my husband about it (who is always supportive) and he said the same sort of thing. He said you can't control what happens tomorrow and you can't change what happened yesterday.
    I'm glad you felt better once baby was born! Fingers crossed for any one else feeling the same way at the moment.
    I think I need to find a creative outlet to focus on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think its normal to get a bit anxious. Especially as this is your first baby. I am pregnant with my third (almost 28 weeks) and I think am I going to be able to handle things as good as I did with my first two. I remember being anxious with my first pregnancy, wondering whether I would be a good mum and what if I didn't know what to do and just stuff like that. It's a big change in your life being responsible for a tiny person but I am sure you will do just fine. Being a mum is just about winging it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You sound like you have a lot on your plate, any chance of explaining to your mum your feeling a little anxious and really do not need to be hearing about these arguments the next time she brings it up?

I think being your first, it's absolutely normal to have the concerns your having, take a few minutes in the day to consciously enjoy your pregnancy, and think happy thoughts. It may sound silly but positive thinking can help ease some of the anxiety.
    Make time for yourself at least on the weekends if you can't during the week, to do something relaxing that you enjoy wether it's a walk with your partner or a manicure/shopping/eating out/movies what ever.
    Try catching up with supportive friends, who will make you feel good, having an afternoon out and a good laugh can really help lift your mood.

Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

Violet85  (26-12-2015)