+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    It's hard isn't it? My DH has worked through too with daycare closed. He thinks it's just going to be the same week for me as usual but as you said it's not! Daycare is closed and all my and DS' friends are having happy family time.

As DS is 3 I've decided to toilet train him. Activities etc seem to occupy him for about 10 mins at a time only. He doesn't nap and I have no car. We've been getting lunch at a cafe every day to fill in time. Letting him watch tv in the mornings then going to the local park. I'd let your son nap for as long as he wants during the day then let hubby deal with him at night
    Oh wow, I can't imagine life without naps! I was devastated when DS switched from 2 naps to just one
    Haha I'm loving ABC3 right now too, total lifesaver! PlaySchool FTW!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Deku, do you have a plastics/tupperware cupboard? Open it up and let him go for it?

I do the same with the food cupboard too but I make sure there's nothing dangerous in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    Deku, do you have a plastics/tupperware cupboard? Open it up and let him go for it?

I do the same with the food cupboard too but I make sure there's nothing dangerous in there.
    Yep! All of our kitchen shelves and drawers that he can reach are toddler safe and he's welcome to play with anything he finds (utensils, tupperware, pots and pans, packaged food, tea towels, etc…).
    Unfortunately he's lost interest in those at the moment, but they were great for a while when I was cooking and he wanted to hang out in the kitchen with me.
    Hmm… maybe I should rearrange everything in the cupboards and see if that throws him off enough to renew his interest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll have 2.5 weeks with 18mth old, 6 and 9 year old before school goes back 😁😁😁 Older kids mostly fight and complain they want friends over so at some point there will be more kids!!!
    Will be looking back at this thread for toddler ideas when home from hols....