My little family and I just recently returned back to Aust after a short (2 years!) venture travelling overseas since DS was 3 years old. We thought we came back in such perfect timing just right before DS could start Kindy next year (he's 5 now), but we are now in a school hunt madness looking for a Catholic school that would accept him right away! Until recently I've only been considenring catholic schools for DS because we are a catholic family and I've gone hunting three or four catholic schools near our area and they told us they are full - I could still enrol, however they wouldn't know there would be spots available or not till Day 1 of school in case there are students dropping out. School#1 is a 5 mins bus ride away from our place and my younger siblings attended that school. I enquired back then and was told to fill in an application form but then when we met with the principal today, we were only just told that they are in fact full (why couldn't they tell me before hand?), but are still considering my applications because they'd like DS to be accepted into the school if there happens to be an empty spot in Jan 2016 (oh dear, what are the chances?). on a separate note, DS wasn't in his best mood this morning that his 'interview' with the principal went quite 'bad'.. DS ignored and avoided him most of the time . Do you think Principal-Kids interviews really matter?
School #2 is just two long blocks behind our street, we're not so familiar with the school but school looks good and was also told to get an enrolment package and return it to the school and can only be put on a waiting list.
School#3 - have heard that they have two kindy classes but distance is ridiculously far! Have to catch bus from nearest station and takes more than 16mins trip to get there. DS will most likely be accompanied by his grandparents to school when he starts Kindy as I plan to go back to work full time!
Potential school#4 - a public school next to our street and I'm sure i'm in their zone catchment area! However being a catholic family, we have preferences to put DS in a catholic school.... so with only two days left of official school days before the long xmas break I have no schools for DS yet!
What's anyone's suggestions?