+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Early Pregnancy or PMS?

It's so confusing but I'd appreciate advice. I've been off the pill since April with my cycle average of 26 days. The last three cycles were:

26 days
    28 days
    23 days

Today is CD25 and no AF. On CD19 + CD22 I had left ovary cramping. On CD24 I had right ovary twinges. I've also had odd pulling under my ribs around 10pm the past two nights which feels like something inside kicking out. My breasts are fuller, my nipples hurt. I'm really tired around 3pm eventhough I'm not doing much during the day. My appetite has changed. Could I be nearly four weeks or am I further along and had my period eventhough I was pregnant?

I'm trying to work out if this is the standard PMS or maybe after 10 years of TTC my dream will come true?

Will test on CD28 but the anticipation is killing me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Early Pregnancy or PMS?

If you are pregnant enough to be getting true pregnancy symptoms, then you will show positive on a HPT. If not, then it's just progesterone which increases in the second part of your cycle whether you are pregnant or not, and often makes you think you're pregnant when you're TTC, cause whether you realise it or not, you symptom-spot like crazy in the TWW, even if it's subconsciously. I have had many cycles (natural and IVF) where I was convinced I was pregnant cause I was feeling things I'd apparently never felt before, but I absolutely 100% was not.

Your mind can play cruel tricks when TTC. But the very best of luck.
    Last edited by Sariele; 10-12-2015 at 23:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I don't mean to be rude, but if you've been TTC for ten years, why were you on the pill? Just curious, but no need to answer if you'd prefer not to of course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I guess I won't know until AF appears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Also I don't mean to be rude, but if you've been TTC for ten years, why were you on the pill? Just curious, but no need to answer if you'd prefer not to of course.
    I had gone through IUI unsuccessfully after finding out I had unexplainable infertility. I was fed up with trying for so long I wanted out of trying, I wanted a break from all the stress of not conceiving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer2015 View Post
    I had gone through IUI unsuccessfully after finding out I had unexplainable infertility. I was fed up with trying for so long I wanted out of trying, I wanted a break from all the stress of not conceiving.
    Ahh yes, that's fair enough.