+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 4 y.old still has a cup of warm milk in the morning and at bedtime. I dont see anything wrong with some nice warm soothing milk! I did stop the bottles at around 18 months though, & moved to a sippy cup. I just did a non spill cup so they still have to 'suck' a bit, still comforting, & then moved on to a proper cup. I had to persist for a while to make the transition from bottle to sippy cup,but just kept offering each night. If they refused,I would pour the milk into a bottle. They took it eventually, maybe took a few weeks though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no problem with ds1 drinking milk, i just don't want him drinking out of a bottle anymore. He'll be 3 in april. I just tried sippy cup, then soft spout in his normal bottle. He refused both so he's going without. If he's thirsty he's got his water. He drinks his water out of a variety of sippy cups and straw cups and even normal cups. But his milk he wants out of a bottle. 😑

Similar Threads

1. 5 month old refusing bottle
    By MamaEve in forum Mixed Breast & Bottle Feeding Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-10-2015, 21:47
  2. 7 month old wont take bottle or sippy cup
    By heartstringz in forum Mixed Breast & Bottle Feeding Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-02-2015, 21:32
  3. bf for a 1+ yr old and should I wean
    By TSW13 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 27