+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    We go out everyday. Park, bikes down the park or bike track. The river. The reason why we don't have the toys is because they literally wouldn't play with them they just like being outside? And I was like wtf other kids play wth toys for hours I thought it wasn't normal!

Yet if we are at other people house they will. They aren't really interested in sitting still for ages either.

We goto swim centre, play centre to. We have just had to cancel child care because of our financial situation but kids goto my mums 2 X a week instead and do things so they do heaps.

His hearing test was ok but she soda she can't tell if it's out of one ear or if he has processing problems. We don't see any doctors anymore really they have said he's miracle baby etc but I'm really worried about his attitude etc it probably could be from my anger as I've had a crap couple years but I do see a shrink. He drinks heaps and his sleeps improved a bit but still has water over night (1 now)

Sorry for novel
    With toys, most kids don't play at home as they do at someone else's house, my kids have probably far to many toys, but I rotate them, so every couple weeks they have something different. (Never rotate/put away in their presence that is a nightmare! )
    During week days I actually schedule time for toys, and I still have to sometimes play with DS.
    But by all means if you feel as though something could be wrong I would go see a dr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our little guys are pretty much the same age, and mine won't sit and play with toys either

Today we did a Brigance test with the health nurse as they were concerned about his speech development - they also referred us to an audiologist. His B test was great, learning all on track but he has fluid on his ears which didn't clear and after 2 hearing tests he doesn't have "adequate hearing for speech development" which is kind of a relief, he's not just flatly ignoring me!! Especially if there's back ground noise.. I get nothing.

Has his hearing been checked lately? Have you discussed it with your health nurse?

If he hits me I grab his hand and say "we don't hit" if he does it again he has to sit in the hall way. He doesn't stay there.. But I put him back and tell him that he hit mummy and it hurt me. I get right down to his level so he can see my lips. He's usually crying at this point

Then I'll give him a hug and find something to play with... It's not overly effective but it's all I've got at the moment... Big hugs to you. It's tough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My son has only just started properly playing with toys the past month or two, before that they just got thrown around. He still isn't that interested in duplo, he'll play with what you make and sometimes try himself or pull them apart but out of everything we have it's probably what he plays with the least on his own, I always have to sit down and show him. He loves puzzles and shape sorters, obsessed with trains and has just recently starting linking the track together himself when he wants to play. His favorite toys are these ELC cars that link together, a train and cars in one (exciting!) and he loves wheeling them around and under chairs, behind things. You should probably be open to a few more items, everything plays some sort of part in their development ya know? Even if we think it's just crap. Ikea have cube shelves that are great for hiding the toys away in cute/stylish boxes. I know other shops have similar designs.

Is the aggression mostly at home? Does he do it when you're out and busy? I can't really give an opinion if it's in the range of normal toddler behavior or not but I know my son acts like this when he's tired, hungry or bored and wants my attention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is four and has never really been interested in Lego or blocks. He loves cars and balls and water play. But. He changes day to day what he plays with. With a selection of different things, he has options and can choose things depending on his mood.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (14-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyMa View Post
    Our little guys are pretty much the same age, and mine won't sit and play with toys either

Today we did a Brigance test with the health nurse as they were concerned about his speech development - they also referred us to an audiologist. His B test was great, learning all on track but he has fluid on his ears which didn't clear and after 2 hearing tests he doesn't have "adequate hearing for speech development" which is kind of a relief, he's not just flatly ignoring me!! Especially if there's back ground noise.. I get nothing.

Has his hearing been checked lately? Have you discussed it with your health nurse?

If he hits me I grab his hand and say "we don't hit" if he does it again he has to sit in the hall way. He doesn't stay there.. But I put him back and tell him that he hit mummy and it hurt me. I get right down to his level so he can see my lips. He's usually crying at this point

Then I'll give him a hug and find something to play with... It's not overly effective but it's all I've got at the moment... Big hugs to you. It's tough!
    Yeah we just had his hearing done it's going to take a while to 'learn' words etc they said as he had fluid for a while and his grommets just in 6 weeks ago. We see ENT again tomorrow.

He is getting train set, ball pit thing for Xmas. They do heaps and have heaps of of play time he just won't listen etc maybe it's just his age. I've looked up some parenting classes thanks @VP. Money is still a barrier right now I just paid for the sleep school as I thought it was a sleep issue but I don't think it's that? I'm at my wits end my psych is trying get us into child assessment team

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Yeah we just had his hearing done it's going to take a while to 'learn' words etc they said as he had fluid for a while and his grommets just in 6 weeks ago. We see ENT again tomorrow.

He is getting train set, ball pit thing for Xmas. They do heaps and have heaps of of play time he just won't listen etc maybe it's just his age. I've looked up some parenting classes thanks @VP. Money is still a barrier right now I just paid for the sleep school as I thought it was a sleep issue but I don't think it's that? I'm at my wits end my psych is trying get us into child assessment team
    It could very well be his age and just a combination of him being frustrated about not being able to communicate yet. We've had some shocking tantrums this week, I'm worried my easy going little guy has had a permanent personality change. 😢